No announcement yet.

California HOMELESS ALLOWED TO STEAL HOMES THEY WERE ALLOWED TO LIVE IN

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Lomadeaux View Post
    Lol... how are you 48 and you have that mentality? Must not be from the states.
    "Stupid" has no age limit.

Pretty sad to see a guy claiming to be 48 that has no independent thought.

I expect kids, and maybe young adults in college with little/no real life experience, to be saying such naive and stupid things, but a claimed 48 year old guy still believing those fairy tales is really sad.

Comment

Originally posted by 1bad65 View Post
      Thx for the post. Rational, well spoken, and free of insults.

You're a rarity.

You also make sense too.

But keep in mind, the delays are due to the government!!!

Happens here all the time. Austin approved funds for an overpass connecting 290 to Loop 1. They put the ramps on the side of the road fairly quickly and Austinites were optimistic we would get the badly needed overpass quickly.

Those ramps sat there for over 10 years growing grass on them while the Austin government did countless "environmental impact studies" and let every tree hugger go before the Council and slow the project down further.

By the time it opened, Austin had grown so much it was just a new overpass where traffic sat and crawled.

Fast forward to now....

Some land was bought and some concrete structures were put out at the 290/71 interchange (known locally as "The Y") around 8 years ago for another much needed overpass.

There they sit today, while the City is awaiting more environmental impact studies while traffic piles up out at The Y.

Point is the government cant use a delay in an approved project that THEY CAUSED in order to enact a new project they want instead but that was never approved by the voters.
      They really should have just tore them down after buying the land.

Where I live, there was a new highway built in the 90’s, and there’s a few spots where the on/off ramps were roughed in, and STILL haven’t been built. There were also supposed to be some overpasses, where traffic lights still sit.

Comment

Originally posted by Real King Kong View Post
        They really should have just tore them down after buying the land.

Where I live, there was a new highway built in the 90’s, and there’s a few spots where the on/off ramps were roughed in, and STILL haven’t been built. There were also supposed to be some overpasses, where traffic lights still sit.
        Exactly.

The "Y" project at least did that.

The homes and businesses where the overpass (hopefully) will be were bulldozed quickly. Then the concrete structures showed up soon afterwards.

Other than that, no progress has been made whatsoever.

What's even worse is they did that temporary re-routing they do on existing streets when they are doing a construction project that necessitates that. They also did that very quickly.

Almost a decade later traffic is still running with red cones/barrels everywhere, and temporary painted stripes re-routing traffic for a project that hasn't even been started yet.

There's been alot of 'environmental impact studies' done over there in the last decade, and I hear there's still a few more to go.....

It's sheer insanity.

But sadly it's par for the course in these arch-liberal cities across the nation.

And to think, some idiots want those very people, ie the government, running their healthcare.

Comment

Originally posted by 1bad65 View Post
          Exactly.

The "Y" project at least did that.

The homes and businesses where the overpass (hopefully) will be were bulldozed quickly. Then the concrete structures showed up soon afterwards.

Other than that, no progress has been made whatsoever.

What's even worse is they did that temporary re-routing they do on existing streets when they are doing a construction project that necessitates that. They also did that very quickly.

Almost a decade later traffic is still running with red cones/barrels everywhere, and temporary painted stripes re-routing traffic for a project that hasn't even been started yet.

There's been alot of 'environmental impact studies' done over there in the last decade, and I hear there's still a few more to go.....

It's sheer insanity.

But sadly it's par for the course in these arch-liberal cities across the nation.

And to think, some idiots want those very people, ie the government, running their healthcare.
          Being from Canada, I don’t have much bad to say about government health care.

Comment

Originally posted by Citizen Koba View Post
            You'd see other human beings homeless during a pandemic crisis before allowing them to stay in houses that were scheduled to be demolished anyway?
            Facts man FCk cal trans anyway they got money

Comment

Originally posted by JohnCastellanos View Post
              Facts man FCk cal trans anyway they got money
              It’s the taxpayers money.

Comment

Originally posted by Citizen Koba View Post
                Probably might help if I explain that I've been homeless and part of the squatter movement myself, although in our case it was literally condemned buildings we used to occupy.
                If you squatted on my property, you'd be removed. With force.

Comment

See, remember when I said cops should be allowed to legally remove squatters from homes? See, this right here, bullslt like this is why. How is that even legal. I went through this s**t with my dad's house after he died and it was abandoned. So we naturally call the cops and they say there's nothing they can do. So unlawful entry is illegal only if someone lives there? And then it's also not illegal if you stay there past a certain period of time? How does that make any sense? What kind of idiots make these laws?

Comment

Originally posted by Anthony342 View Post
                    See, remember when I said cops should be allowed to legally remove squatters from homes? See, this right here, bullslt like this is why. How is that even legal. I went through this s**t with my dad's house after he died and it was abandoned. So we naturally call the cops and they say there's nothing they can do. So unlawful entry is illegal only if someone lives there? And then it's also not illegal if you stay there past a certain period of time? How does that make any sense? What kind of idiots make these laws?
                    That's crazy. Did that happen in NY?

Comment

You know what... good. California wants to make laws that squeeze their citizens of all of their financial life blood then let them face the consequences when they can't afford homes and or rent and resort to this.

Comment

Working...
                      X