No announcement yet.

You guys ever do crown molding?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Lomadeaux View Post
    I don’t remember the 22.5 ever being tough. Maybe we got lucky. Only had one of those cuts to do.
    Im sure it's not if you do this all the time. A 45 is a 45 and that's mostly what I had to deal with. It was just one wall that had the 22.5 that I had to figure out. Once I did it I wouldn't see a issue doing so again. It's just that first time dealing with that angle.

Comment

What tools you working with, we're actually renovating her bathroom at the moment, as soon as I get to her home, I'm sanding and fixing the skylight, I honestly haven't done any woodwork since 2007, so I'm rusty as fùck.

Just found out about this Kreg jig tool, I love watching people use that, what a great idea.

Comment

Originally posted by PACnPBFsuck View Post
        What tools you working with, we're actually renovating her bathroom at the moment, as soon as I get to her home, I'm sanding and fixing the skylight, I honestly haven't done any woodwork since 2007, so I'm rusty as fùck.

Just found out about this Kreg jig tool, I love watching people use that, what a great idea.

That's a cool tool but I don't have one. I use a nail gun and a 12 in sliding miter saw. All bought at harbor freight with coupons haha.

Comment

Originally posted by man down View Post
          That's a cool tool but I don't have one. I use a nail gun and a 12 in sliding miter saw. All bought at harbor freight with coupons haha.
          Which brand(saw) is it, which blade do you use and how is it holding up?

Comment

Which brand(saw) is it, which blade do you use and how is it holding up?
            The blade came with the saw. The saw came from harbor freight it's called admiral. Works awesome. I'm selling my 10in miter saw now.

Comment

Now that's a project!

I did take shop in highschool and have done some wood work but crown is new to me. It really makes a difference!

Believe it or not I'm using a harbor freight saw. It's a 12in slide miter and once I got it setup I love it. I'm blown away how nice it is for 175.00 with coupon lol.
              Some people have natural feel for it, i think you might be that.

If you can make precision cuts without having to put caulk, youve mastered it.

Actually Ive been getting some stuff at Harbor Freight as well because Im tired of supplying the company with $1000 Bosch drill hammers and we go through like 10 of those a year.
              Harbor Freight stuff is pretty low quality but their good return policy makes up for it.

Comment

The blade came with the saw. The saw came from harbor freight it's called admiral. Works awesome. I'm selling my 10in miter saw now.
                Is it this 12in miter saw, shyt looks beast mode.

Comment

Is it this 12in miter saw, shyt looks beast mode.

That's it! Yup it's a stud of a saw.

Comment

That's it! Yup, it's a stud of a saw.
                    For $200, I'm gonna have to keep my eye on it, black Friday coming up, definitely gotta keep my eye on it.

Comment

For $200, I'm gonna have to keep my eye on it, black Friday coming up, definitely gotta keep my eye on it.
                      I'm telling you once you get it setup with a square it's solid! You'll be happy with it.

Comment

Working...
                      X