Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where's the clips and gifs of Canelo being hurt?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GGG never hurt Canelo. Hit him with some good shots but he never hurt him or had him in trouble.

Comment

Originally posted by Robbie Barrett View Post
      The punch he's talking about was one HBO said he was hurt with. He clearly wasn't because he avoided about 10 punches straight afterwards.
      He was momentarily stunned by that punch. Even if I give Canelo props for his ability to recover and chin people get offended. So much emotion around here...

Comment

In the 10th round he got his with that right hand but the Canelo slipped 15 punches (yes I counted them) from GGG right after that so I guess it just looked worst than what it really was.

Comment

C'mon guys. There's people saying they seen different ones. The fight is on youtube surely someone can point to a clip of him being hurt if it actually happened.
          post the fight here if it is on youtube. one of the tactics that you are using is to make information difficult to find. this is the week after a pay per view, finding full fights in high quality is not easy. if you're being honest in your motivation for making the thread you should find the biggest shots that golovkin landed and post them here in the best quality you can.

once the shots are posted you're just going to argue that your goalpost for what is considered hurt is superior to somebody else's, the opinion of broadcasters and media people who were there, etc. it's an argument that you've already made in you own mind, having already characterized the stance of your opposition.

if you think canelo didn't feel those shots and recognize the mortality of what he was doing you are wrong. he has a fantastic chin, but ask any fighter with a fantastic chin and they will tell you the same thing, the big shots that you take from big punchers at middleweight hurt, especially the ones you don't see coming. guys with great chins compose themselves right away, limit the appearance of how affected they are.

canelo has terrific vision and good upper body movement [decent for an elite fighter, it's obviously very competent but for the most part pound for pound elites have faster feet and upper bodies, canelo does have borderline elite handspeed.] it was not until he had slowed down and in the later rounds of the fight that he was even hit cleanly at all and with shots that were not detected prior to impact other than jabs. when the later rounds came, and those are the roudns in which people are arguing that golovkin won the fight [i am not, i thought golovkin looked old and took a beating,] canelo got hit with shots he did not see coming. it was at that point that he was shaken several times, and people are saying he was hurt. i agree with the assessment that he was hurt. you don't have to be amir khan reeling around the ring to be hurt. this is a flat footed fighter from mexico who made a conscious decision to be particularly flat footed to counteract the style of a guy who does his best work coming forward behind a jab!

he certainly appeared to show an immediate physical effect, changed his tactics and regrouped. again, i'm not going to go crazy trying to convince a pretty obviously biased young man on bscene that a fighter was hurt, or get into an argument of semantics regarding what it means to be hurt. so a fresher fighter who has been accurate and steady on his feet who all of a sudden misses like golovkin in the 10th round after taking a big shot isn't hurt? golovkin's jab, which disappeared for the most part after canelo had warmed up, all of a sudden comes back after a big shot and you don't acknowledge canelo's sudden inability to slip that jab as being affected or hurt?

again, this will devolve quickly into the kind of discourse you are looking for, to watch a fighter taking big shots and being affected and telling people he is not hurt.

floyd mayweather never hurt anybody in his life if those golovkin shots in the championship rounds didn't hurt.

Comment

I keep hearing people say it.................

Or do they not exist, like all the power punches Golovkin supposedly landed in the first fight.

come on, they are everywhere

there are PLENTY of gif's showing Canelo get lit up like a christmas tree

oh shlt, wait..... Canelo is the red guy, right ?

you are right, my bad

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
              post the fight here if it is on youtube. one of the tactics that you are using is to make information difficult to find. this is the week after a pay per view, finding full fights in high quality is not easy. if you're being honest in your motivation for making the thread you should find the biggest shots that golovkin landed and post them here in the best quality you can.

once the shots are posted you're just going to argue that your goalpost for what is considered hurt is superior to somebody else's, the opinion of broadcasters and media people who were there, etc. it's an argument that you've already made in you own mind, having already characterized the stance of your opposition.

if you think canelo didn't feel those shots and recognize the mortality of what he was doing you are wrong. he has a fantastic chin, but ask any fighter with a fantastic chin and they will tell you the same thing, the big shots that you take from big punchers at middleweight hurt, especially the ones you don't see coming. guys with great chins compose themselves right away, limit the appearance of how affected they are.

canelo has terrific vision and good upper body movement [decent for an elite fighter, it's obviously very competent but for the most part pound for pound elites have faster feet and upper bodies, canelo does have borderline elite handspeed.] it was not until he had slowed down and in the later rounds of the fight that he was even hit cleanly at all and with shots that were not detected prior to impact other than jabs. when the later rounds came, and those are the roudns in which people are arguing that golovkin won the fight [i am not, i thought golovkin looked old and took a beating,] canelo got hit with shots he did not see coming. it was at that point that he was shaken several times, and people are saying he was hurt. i agree with the assessment that he was hurt. you don't have to be amir khan reeling around the ring to be hurt. this is a flat footed fighter from mexico who made a conscious decision to be particularly flat footed to counteract the style of a guy who does his best work coming forward behind a jab!

he certainly appeared to show an immediate physical effect, changed his tactics and regrouped. again, i'm not going to go crazy trying to convince a pretty obviously biased young man on bscene that a fighter was hurt, or get into an argument of semantics regarding what it means to be hurt. so a fresher fighter who has been accurate and steady on his feet who all of a sudden misses like golovkin in the 10th round after taking a big shot isn't hurt? golovkin's jab, which disappeared for the most part after canelo had warmed up, all of a sudden comes back after a big shot and you don't acknowledge canelo's sudden inability to slip that jab as being affected or hurt?

again, this will devolve quickly into the kind of discourse you are looking for, to watch a fighter taking big shots and being affected and telling people he is not hurt.

floyd mayweather never hurt anybody in his life if those golovkin shots in the championship rounds didn't hurt.

Comment

Originally posted by larryxxx.. View Post

hey, it wasn't that difficult to find after all

Comment

Originally posted by Fidel456 View Post
                  In the 10th round he got his with that right hand but the Canelo slipped 15 punches (yes I counted them) from GGG right after that so I guess it just looked worst than what it really was.

you guys don't really understand the subtleties of boxing, and that's completely fine. what bothers me is that this was a casual fight fan's dream fight and all you all can do is whine about a close decision in a close fight. i i can't tell you how dumb that is, the judges can't do any better than they do when they score a close fight closely.

here's a little lesson for you in the form of a question. golovkin probably opened up more in that "15 punches" than at any other point in the fight. why did canelo not land the clean, hard counter punches when golovkin is at his most open? and why did golovkin open up that much at that particular moment?

you guys probably haven't seen a ton of guys with rock solid chins before. golovkin had hit canelo hard before. he ddin't even blink. he did a lot more than blink in those late rounds. maybe you're not nuanced enough to detect it, maybe you didn't get a high quality feed, i don't know or really care all that much. reeling aorund the ring? no. again, great chin on a fighter in his prime. affected / "hurt" by the punches in the late rounds. yes. he looked awkward and timid in the immedaite moments after the big shot and even after he slipped the punches. he wobbles a bit. and he reaches out awkwardly and holds. that's what it looks like when you rock a guy with a bonafide great chin and who has composure developed all teh way back in his teens when he was fighting grown men.

just slipping punches doesn't mean you aren't hurt! golovkin was not accurate or clever, he went for the head with every shot and at angles that canelo could slip. look harder and don't just look for an excuse to go with your guy! that's what a casual does!

Comment

Originally posted by larryxxx.. View Post

thank you. if you want to start somewhere go to 1:40 of round 10. the hbo team, including roy who is the important one and the least golvokin fangirl, all said canelo was hurt.

have a real close look at that part of the round, watching canelo specifically, and then look at how he reacts to other shots he gets hit with, how he'd have been able to react to several predictable shots from golovkin at other moments when his head was clear.

make no mistake, he was hurt. wasn't wobbling aroudn the ring, wasn't a sneeze from going down, but he was hurt. another big shot would have put him down, and if golovkin had the handspeed and the skills to go to the body or vary his attack to the head it could have been the beginning of the end.

Comment

It's no use talking to these fangirls because they'll never believe one word that doesnt fit their agenda.

Tons of boxers have been hit with devastating punches and lived to tell the tale, but nah, because that dont fit their agenda they want to claim that if you avoid the hits you must not be hurt.

Funniest thing is these exact same people have probably NEVER taken a serious punch in their life so they have no idea what they're talking about or ****, even picked up a pair of gloves. You get hit and your arm goes limp it hurt. Canelo had enough chin to survive it and recover but that hit would have KOed nearly everyone else. Hell, even when GGG was throwing jabs and it snaps your head back? You got hurt. It may not be KO power but let me throw some jabs powerful enough to snap your head back. Now then let me throw a right.

I mean, you all talk about how GGG got hurt by canelo but ****, I can be a fangirl like you guys too! Canelo ain't got **** because he couldnt KO GGG. Must have some fluffy punches being in his prime fighting an old man. His face? GGG is 36, his face gonna bruise, but somehow your face became boxing criteria you use to win a fight right? Especially when you fan boys photoshop the pic with red filter lmfao.

Why ask for proof when you're already waiting with a weak ass rebute? You already know if it dont fit your agenda it's not "real proof".

Comment

Working...
                      X