Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who would be the biggest test for Haye?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Also, Charr's chin is better than Fury's.

It all depends on how Fury fights, IMO. If he comes in super conservative and boxes behind the jab, Haye could fight it difficult to get to him with a BIG shot. Saying that, Fury has been knocked down by feather-fisted fighters, so maybe a Haye jab will do the job.

Comment

I voted Fury would be more of a test but I think Haye would KO either of them without much trouble.

Comment

Fury's got a punchers chance, and advantages in weight and reach etc but I don't think he's got the skills to hang with Haye in any way shape or form really. If fury fights really cautiously it will make it tricky for haye and Fury may be able to keep it fairly close on the cards but even with tyson staying behind the jab and trying to do a wlad impression I can see haye slipping it and countering with a KO shot. The fight could be over very quickly.

Comment

I'd say Fury is a tougher fight than Charr.

Comment

Originally posted by Simurgh View Post
            Outboxing Haye.

Haye's volume is pretty low. If he can survive the distance I actually think he has a real chance for DW.
            I thought this at first as well, and while I do agree that Fury can win a decision on punch output alone if it goes the distance, I don't think it's his best chance to win. I just don't believe that Fury can survive for 12 rounds sitting behind his shots from range. It'll frustrate Haye, no doubt about it, but Fury does not have a good enough jab or defence to keep Haye away for 12 rounds. Eventually Haye will land a big one and I don't think Fury has the chin to withstand many flush shots from Haye.

I actually think that Fury would do well to use the tactics he used against Cunningham after he got knocked down. Get close, lean in on Haye to sap his energy and strength, wear him down. Haye won't have the space to get leverage on his shots and while Fury may lose rounds to Haye's more clinical work, he'll stand a good chance of exhausting Haye (who has questionable stamina) and getting a knockout. It wouldn't be pretty and it wouldn't be real boxing, but it would probably be his best chance. Fury needs to use his size, but not from distance.

Comment

stylewise fury could be a harder fight for haye

Comment

Originally posted by House of Stone View Post
                Fury's got a punchers chance, and advantages in weight and reach etc but I don't think he's got the skills to hang with Haye in any way shape or form really. If fury fights really cautiously it will make it tricky for haye and Fury may be able to keep it fairly close on the cards but even with tyson staying behind the jab and trying to do a wlad impression I can see haye slipping it and countering with a KO shot. The fight could be over very quickly.
                Problem with Fury and the puncher's chance, is that Fury is not a puncher so he hasn't really got that either.

Comment

Working...
                X