Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dublin or Monaco? Decisiontime for Froch-Abraham venue.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dublin or Monaco? Decisiontime for Froch-Abraham venue.

From newsoftheworld:

CARL FROCH is hoping that his super-fight against Arthur Abraham will take place in Dublin.

We can exclusively reveal that American TV executives will decide in the next few days whether the big super-middleweight clash will be hosted at the O2 Arena or in Monte Carlo.

Froch must beat the German ace to reach the semi-finals of the Super Six World Boxing Classic - the tournament to discover the world's top 168lb fighter.

The Englishman is insisting that the fight which will happen on September 18 or October 2 takes place at a neutral venue having refused to face Abraham in Berlin.

Froch, 33, feels he was the victim of a hometown robbery when controversially losing his WBC crown to Mikkel Kessler in Denmark 10 weeks ago.

He said: "I would prefer the contest to be Ireland because it will be a lot easier and affordable for my fans than Monte Carlo.

"Getting to Monaco is easy enough, but it will be so expensive for them out there and the venue is much smaller than the O2 Arena.

"Many couldn't get to Kessler fight because of the volcanic ash crisis, the date being changed and Herning being in rural Denmark. I want the Abraham fight within their reach and budget."

Abraham's promoters are behind the pushing for Monaco, while it is no surprise that Froch wants the fight here.

He used Castlebar, Co Mayo as his training base before winning the WBC crown against Jean Pascal in December 2008.

Froch boxed in Belfast at the 2001 World Amateur Championships winning a bronze medal.

He added: "I would be really comfortable in Ireland as it has been a happy place for me in the past.

"Irish fight fans are one the most knowledgeable in the world and deserve a great fight like the one between Abraham and myself.

"Monte Carlo might sound jazzier, but Dublin would be a great place to stage a fight of such magnitude.

"The final decision rests with Showtime and I am hoping to hear any day now. If the fight is Sept 18 then I need to know quickly because I like a 12-week training camp."

If this fight goes down with neutral refs, Froch is winning.

It will be a good fight, but Froch will pull it out. Abraham's punch output is too low and he's too short, Froch will outwork him and keep the fight on the outside.

Comment

Originally posted by QUELOQUE View Post
      If this fight goes down with neutral refs, Froch is winning.

It will be a good fight, but Froch will pull it out. Abraham's punch output is too low and he's too short, Froch will outwork him and keep the fight on the outside.
      50K abe puts Froch to sleep!

Comment

Dublin is sexy.

But Monaco is sexier. Ask Gus Hansen.

Comment

Originally posted by El C@cique@PR View Post
          50K abe puts Froch to sleep!
          Deal........

Comment

I would love nothing more than to see Carl Froch fight Andre Dirrell "on neutral territory".

Like in Montreal.

Get that ass beat.

Comment

If Froch can keep his gloves up and not float his chin so much I see him winning. If he gets excited, steams in and gets tagged he could be in trouble.

Comment

Originally posted by Hitman932 View Post
                I would love nothing more than to see Carl Froch fight Andre Dirrell "on neutral territory".

Like in Montreal.

Get that ass beat.
                Butthurt?

Comment

Im certain Abraham wins this one.

Carl Froch has NEVER shown the ability to listen to instructions and box to a gameplan since he won the wbc title.

This fight WILL come down to a slugfest

Froch's power is OVERRATED at the elite level

Abrahams power is EXCEPTIONAL

Abrahams chin is better

Comment

Holy **** i taught Ireland was outtaa the running im definetly there if it lands at the o2.Although i really think Monte Carlo should host some of the big fights in europe but not this1 haha

Comment

Working...
                    X