No announcement yet.

Shawn Porter: Boxing NEEDS those WWE gimmicks, PBC won't do it

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shawn Porter: Boxing NEEDS those WWE gimmicks, PBC won't do it

I actually like the idea of lights out and having Shawn just show up in front of Crawford.

I mean he’s not wrong Ali admitted that he copied Gorgeous George. So it’s not too bad an Idea

Comment

I've always said this.

If I was Al Haymon or somebody, I'd call up Kevin Dunn or one of WWE's producers to put them up on how to make those spectacular entrances.

Imagine this **** in boxing

Comment

Hamed used to do it. But he was a rare exception.

And of course, English, arguably the best showman in the business:

Comment

They brought all that fake nonsense into the Floyd/McGregor promotion and I hated it. If the fight is a joke, market it like a joke. Just keep that crap away from serious boxing. Actually, I'm kinda surprised WWF is even still a thing.

Comment

This type of stuff.

Comment

It doesn’t hurt if it comes naturally like Eubanks, one of the best heels in boxing..

But really they just need to make the fights and run it like a real sport, it’s pretty simple yet they mess it up time after time.

Comment

If you think you can rock that style then go for it. Watching Richard Lartey drag his ring walk the fuuuuuuck out with the dance routine was maddening and then hilarious. It reminded me of how much I love a good entrance even though it lacked the fireballs, dancing women and costumes. Wish more people would go for it.

Comment

Prince Naseem Hamed was not a character neither was Chris Eubank Senior 'That is who they naturally are, it is the same with Conor Mcgregor? These guys are not acting, they are expressing their innate character'.

The heavyweight division probably has the best characters, and they all compliment each other.

Comment

Originally posted by Floyd is TBE View Post
                    They brought all that fake nonsense into the Floyd/McGregor promotion and I hated it. If the fight is a joke, market it like a joke. Just keep that crap away from serious boxing. Actually, I'm kinda surprised WWF is even still a thing.
                    "Serious boxing" like this from your 135 champion, you mean?

Originally posted by PRINCEKOOL View Post
                    Prince Naseem Hamed was not a character neither was Chris Eubank Senior 'That is who they naturally are, it is the same with Conor Mcgregor? These guys are not acting, they are expressing their innate character'.

The heavyweight division probably has the best characters, and they all compliment each other.
                    Eubank himself said it was a character and not really him. He knew what he had to do to sell fans on him, which was come off legit.

And anyone that knows Hamed knows his antics were to sell tickets. Or do you believe he rides around on a flying carpet in real life?

Comment

Working...
                    X