Collapse
No announcement yet.

I never realised Crawford's reach is 74'

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Reach is overrated in my opinion. Gamboa had a 65 reach was still able to get inside crawford’s reach advantage.

Comment

Originally posted by GrandpaBernard View Post
      I think it's a typo error

All Crawford's tales of the tape list his reach at 70"

That makes more sense.

McGreggor had 74" reach, Crawfords arms dont seem as long as mcgreggors.

Comment

Originally posted by travestyny View Post
        I just mentioned the same thing today. 2" more than Mayweather and Spence. Crazy.
        5' 9"
        Kell Brook: 69" reach
        Yordenis Ugas: 69" reach
        Jeff Horn: 68"reach

5' 8"
        Amir Khan: 71" reach
        Danny Garcia: 68" reach

5' 7"
        Keith Thurman: 69" reach

5' 6"
        Porter: 69" reach
        Mikey Garcia: 68" reach
        Pacquiao: 67" reach

Comment

Originally posted by Brz_Pugilist View Post
          Reach is overrated in my opinion. Gamboa had a 65 reach was still able to get inside crawford’s reach advantage.

It varies but it is a definite advantage or even necessity for an outside fighter.

Fury with his height and reach almost no heavy can even find his head.

Sure some guys with T rex arms like Hatton and Tyson were effective but a long reach is almost always a big advantage. You can have a long reach and still have good inside game. Floyd, lennox and hopkins all had great inside and outside game and a long reach.

Comment

Originally posted by Brz_Pugilist View Post
            It absolutely isn't overrated. I mean can you get inside a longer reach? That goes without saying, but a fighter with Crawford's type of skill set can dictate the entire fight with his arm length/reach. He can keep you at bay and just pick you off.

Gamboa had quicker hands than Crawford but after the 4th round, proceeded to get his a$$ whooped.

Comment

This guy should leave Arum. He will waste his prime years fighting nobodies. He has the skill to beat everyone at WW. He's now what? 31? His resume is sh#tty for a top P4P fighter with that kind of skills.

Comment

That is a hell of an asset if a fighter can utilize it well.

Comment

Originally posted by el*** View Post
                  That makes more sense.

McGreggor had 74" reach, Crawfords arms dont seem as long as mcgreggors.
                  exactly

Originally posted by el*** View Post
                  It varies but it is a definite advantage or even necessity for an outside fighter.

Fury with his height and reach almost no heavy can even find his head.

Sure some guys with T rex arms like Hatton and Tyson were effective but a long reach is almost always a big advantage. You can have a long reach and still have good inside game. Floyd, lennox and hopkins all had great inside and outside game and a long reach.
                  yep I rather have long arms and learn how to fight inside than t-rex arms learning how to box outside

Comment

Working...
                  X