No announcement yet.

***The Official Gun/Ammo Thread***

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by extracurRICular View Post
    I want a 223 AR but I don't even know If I can (legally) get one in CA any more.............
    I have a CAR15, with all the trimmings. I am not sure if mine is legal now. I got it stored very well.

I guess I am watch too many end of days type movies.. I am just hedging my bets.

Comment

• Originally posted by FinitoxDinamita View Post
      Im going to this spot on valley near Azusa. Very good range. I think i heard somebody here talking about that place. That’s my regular now cuz i live nearby.
      Outdoor?

Burro canyon?

I shot there before.

I was shooting my norinco type 56 (chinese ak-47)

The range safety guys then walked up to and told me cops regularly go there.

They didnt kick me out but the way they were talking felt like they wanted me to leave.

So I just packed up and left.

Better than them calling the cops i guess.

Comment

I want a 223 AR but I don't even know If I can (legally) get one in CA any more.............
        https://www.turners.com/guns-rifles-...6mm/perpage/48

You have 2 ways to go with an ar

Fixed magazine and it can have features like pistol grips and flashhider

Or

Detachable magazine but it has to be featureless

Gun stores won't sell you one that is illegal anyway.

So if you buy from a gun store itll be california legal

What u have to worry about is keeping up with changes in the laws

Because california passes new gun laws every year

What might be legal when you bought can be illegal the next year

Comment

• Originally posted by man down View Post
          Yes you can. See calguns.org it just has to be modded to follow CA dumb laws. When you do buy, buy a 5.56 as it will shoot both 223 and 5.56 rounds. Now is a good time as ARs are cheap.
          Don't I need some type of conversion kit for the 5.56 to take the 223???

Comment

No, not at all. 223 just cant take the 5.56 pressure. Wheres 5.56 can take the 223 pressure. They're pretty much the same round. Check out the site you'll learn lots.

Comment

Most ar now are 5.56

5.56 can fire .223 no problem

What you have to worry about are old style .223 rifles not being able to handle military 5.56 ammo

But nowadays 5.56 and .223 commercial ammo is practically identical, difference is in military issue 5.56 that can be overpressured

5.56 and .223 is dimensionally the same, difference is in pressure

Also a lot of ar now is chambered in .223 wylde

.223 wylde chambers are designed to handle 5.56 and .223 remington equally.

Comment

• A young buck who's my co-worker is looking for a full-size 9mm non-Glock with high capacity, limited budget.

I was going to recommend him the CZ shadow, but its over 1K.

Thinking about a Sig Sauer, but don't know which model specifically.

What do you recommend him Left Hook Tua

Comment

• What about this one:

I like how it looks and the capacity.

I won't get another pistol till I get an AK.

Hopefully I can find one I'm satisfied with this year before it ends

Comment

• Originally posted by Mighty_Windir View Post
                    A young buck who's my co-worker is looking for a full-size 9mm non-Glock with high capacity, limited budget.

I was going to recommend him the CZ shadow, but its over 1K.

Thinking about a Sig Sauer, but don't know which model specifically.

What do you recommend him Left Hook Tua
                    Smith and Wesson sd9 = cheapest, you can find one for $300-350, s&w copy of glock

Springfield xd, xdm, xd mod2 = ugly but one of the easiest guns to shoot well imo

Sig p320 = coolest striker fired imo, modular, mix and match slide, frame, barrel

Walther ppq m2 = best trigger for striker pistol, slightly better than sig p320 which comes close 2nd

Comment

• Smith & wesson sd9ve

Springfield xdm9

Walther ppq m2

Sig p320, p320c

Comment

Working...
                      X