No announcement yet.

WBC is getting out of the mandatory game

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WBC is getting out of the mandatory game

The WBC is trying to get out of the mandatory game. They don’t want to strip star fighters of titles.

The hope is that they can attach themselves to star fighters and collect sanctioning fees on all their fights, knowing that their title will go in the trash if it doesn’t fit the superstars plan.

They can force the regular WBC champ to take mandatories and hope he enters the franchise champs’ plans eventually.

That’s what this franchise championship is all about. Collecting sanctioning fees and sticking to the top names.

I think this idea stemmed out of the flack the WBC caught for situations with Canelo and Linares.

There’s already been signs of the WBC acting less strict about mandatories in recent years.

They’ve been criticized for how they’ve handled the heavyweight mandatory situation with Wilder and Whyte (fair or unfair), they didn’t really force Stevenson to do many mandatories for a long time (and because of this he held the title way too long and was almost killed by a young top level boxer but I digress), I’m not sure Golovkin ever made a WBC mandatory defense. I don’t think Mikey Garcia made a WBC lightweight mandatory defense either. Gary Russell barely fights and keeps his title. The last mandatory ordered was Leo Santa Cruz and there’s no way to enforce that because he has another belt.

Yeah, this is how I see it too. WBC doesn’t stick to their own rules though so I’m sure stuff will change as they please.

Comment

This only applies to canelo the coward!
      The WBC made up a belt so canelo the coward does not have to fight a tough mandatory. They NEVER did this for
      Anyother fighter.

Comment

Boxing needs to become a league badly. Us fans need to demand it.

Comment

Stop. This is the WBC stripping Canelo in the most PR-way possible because he wasn't going to fight his mando anytime soon. If they start doing this for anyone not named Canelo, then this thread title might have validity

Comment

Originally posted by MASTERBX View Post
            This only applies to canelo the coward!
            The WBC made up a belt so canelo the coward does not have to fight a tough mandatory. They NEVER did this for
            Anyother fighter.
            It applied to Floyd too. Floyd fought who he wanted. Never got stripped. Also applied to mikey for a while too

Comment

Originally posted by killakali View Post
              It applied to Floyd too. Floyd fought who he wanted. Never got stripped. Also applied to mikey for a while too
              Let it go! Canelo the coward DUCKED our American champ and got stripped! In America canelo the coward will NEVER be great!

Comment

Originally posted by MASTERBX View Post
                Let it go! Canelo the coward DUCKED our American champ and got stripped! In America canelo the coward will NEVER be great!
                Lmaaaooo. He never was ordered to fight him. Spence stay ducking our great American champ crawford and even admits to it. Save your energy for that. Lolol

Comment

Canelo is a duck and cheater. He gets no respect from me anymore. Should have a couple L’s on his resume as well. The way they are protecting this guy is sickening, and the sheep will still follow him.

Comment

Working...
                  X