Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What current Eastern European fighters are HOF'ers?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Chollo Vista View Post
    Every P4P #1 should be considered for the HOF?
    nope but i think already he has better wins than cotto. Obviously theyve been downplayed and revised but they were considered world class opponents all 3 of them pre fight, where i think cottos beaten 1 (shane mosley) and if being generous then could say martinez. On top of that hes been whooped a few times now. For the record i think people are let in the hall of fame too easily now, just basing my opinion on the calibre of fighters who are being let in these days.

Comment

Marco Huck has had a HoF-level career, but he won't get in because he's not American.

Fought with who's who of the cruiserweight division, great fight against Povetkin, 13 world title defenses, exciting fighter who always brings it, wasn't scared to fight anybody...

If he was an old school fighter from America he would be a big star and a popular fighter. Unfortunately modern boxing favors cherry pickers and "draws".

Comment

Originally posted by DramaShow View Post
        nope but i think already he has better wins than cotto. Obviously theyve been downplayed and revised but they were considered world class opponents all 3 of them pre fight, where i think cottos beaten 1 (shane mosley) and if being generous then could say martinez. On top of that hes been whooped a few times now. For the record i think people are let in the hall of fame too easily now, just basing my opinion on the calibre of fighters who are being let in these days.
        I'm not sure Loma has better wins than Cotto. Are you basing this off Loma beating a 17-0 Rigo?
        Last edited by Chollo Vista; 01-28-2018, 11:05 AM.

Comment

Zsolt Erdei champ in 2 weight classes, defended the lineal LHW title 11 times, should have retired undefeated at 35-0 if it wasn't for that robbery.

Comment

Originally posted by future hendrixx View Post
            but rocky balboa. a fictional boxer is in the HOF.. and didn't gatti get in too? the standards are very low was my main point. let eveybody get in.
            That doesn't apply to eastern Euro fighters. Gatti was involved in a huge American vs American trilogy then tragically died not that long after so he was a media darling.

The list of ex-soviet fighters who surpassed someone like Gatti in actual boxing during the same period is very long but if half of them are even nominated for the HoF I'll cut my balls off.

HoF has always been a contest of media darlings. People who think Usyk is a "shoe-in" if he reigns at CW must be newbz. He would absolutely require a string of televised wins against pumped up western opponents to be (reluctantly) noticed.
            Last edited by ////; 01-28-2018, 11:05 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by RedZmaja View Post
              Marco Huck has had a HoF-level career, but he won't get in because he's not American.

Fought with who's who of the cruiserweight division, great fight against Povetkin, 13 world title defenses, exciting fighter who always brings it, wasn't scared to fight anybody...

If he was an old school fighter from America he would be a big star and a popular fighter. Unfortunately modern boxing favors cherry pickers and "draws".
              The Cruiserweight division has never been lauded. I think the best Cruiserweight of all time is Holyfield, Haye, Nelson or Huck

It's never been a praised division

Comment

Originally posted by Chollo Vista View Post
                I'm not sure Loma has better wins than Cotto. Are you basing this off Loma beating a 17-0 Rigo?
                walters, russell and rigondeaux are very good wins although as i said theyve all been revised into mediocre wins now.

Comment

walters, russell and rigondeaux are very good wins although as i said theyve all been revised into mediocre wins now.
                  Walters and Russel were top 10 divisional wins though. That's what he should be doing; it was how quickly he did it that's impressive.

Cotto has like 15 or more of those same type of wins

Comment

nope but i think already he has better wins than cotto.
                    Regarding Cotto:

N'dou - Ring #8

Corley - Ring #7

Urkal - Ring #7

Judah - Ring #4

Mosley - Ring #3

Clottey - Ring #4

Martinez - Ring Champion

Geale - Ring #4

honorable mention - Carlos Quintanna, Paulie Malignaggi, Torres, Bailey, Sosa and Maussa... All who later on went to be champions or Top 10 guys.

Regarding Loma:

Russell wasn't in The Ring Top 10 when he lost to Loma.

Walters was #10 by The Ring

Rigo was #1

Comment

Gennady golovkin.
                      Sergey kovalev.
                      Lomachenko.
                      Yur muvasflange.

Comment

Working...
                      X