Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to boost popularity of lower weight classes?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Public_Enemy View Post
    We hardly see them on the major networks or PPV. Imagine Gonzalez/Estrada II during a huge event. That would raise their profile considerably. It's really difficult to find the lower weight fights on tv. Most of us have to stream.

Also it seems like they're bigger overseas and in Mexico. I think another issue is that there aren't any American stars at the lower weights. Therefore, they're not big in the US.
    agree. They are not really given a chance on the major networks.
    instead of having these inferior fights opening ppv and big Network events. why not have the elite small guys open the shows?
    love to see one of Brian Viloria wars on network tv

Comment

Put an American or Brit down there that actually wins. Problem solved.

Comment

A tourney at 112 would be dynamite. Just throw that s**t on beIN, .

Imagine this 8 fighter tourney:

Juan Francisco Estrada vs. McWilliams Arroyo, Roman Gonzalez vs. Juan Carlos Reveco, Brian Viloria vs. Kazuto Ioka, and Giovani Segura vs. Koki Eto.

Comment

I remember Segura-Canchilla as the co-main event to the Margarito-Cotto PPV. Great slugfest, but the crowd so silent you could hear a pin drop. I think fans just like to see larger men fight.

Comment

magic carpet rides

nobody does them anymore. ticket sales are down at featherweight.

Comment

They need a Barrera/Morales, Marquez/Vasquez type of rivalry to light the fire.

Comment

I would like for Dan Rafael to let the bosses at ESPN know these little guys are fun to watch, and they need to be on Friday Night Fights and let Dan call the action with Paulie. This is what ESPN needs to do because Showtime and HBO won't.

Comment

I think Mares vs Leo Santa Cruz has he potential to shift some major attention to the lower weight divisions.

Comment

Originally posted by Aztekkas View Post
                    I think Mares vs Leo Santa Cruz has he potential to shift some major attention to the lower weight divisions.
                    That's what I'm talking' about. Or how about Mares and Cuellar? Aregentina vs Mexico? Good times.

Comment

Working...
                    X