Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Should the IBO be Considered a Major Title?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Should the IBO be Considered a Major Title?

Wlad is bringing prestige to them right now

and there have been loads of talented IBO champs

Surely the IBO is closer to the WBA/WBC/IBF/WBO than they are to the WPBF/IBA/IBC/WBF/WBU/IBU?

no, no, NO

Comment

Even the major belts (WBC, WBA and IBF) command no prestige these days. I regard all alphabet belts with contempt.

Comment

**** No.

Comment

It's no less valid than the others, doesn't have Silver, Regular champions etc and encourages unification. Judge the sanctioning bodies on their merits, not how long they've been around.

Comment

i think there are enough meaningless belts as it is, chief among which is the WBC. it needs to change. there should be 1 title per division and thats it.

Comment

Originally posted by Kilrain View Post
              Even the major belts (WBC, WBA and IBF) command no prestige these days. I regard all alphabet belts with contempt.
              What he said. None of the belts are major titles these days. There are major fighters but the belts are irrelevant to real boxing fans.

Comment

IBO WHO?

Comment

No no no and no but IBO sadly are starting too worm there way into "a major belt" they have Wlad and Golovkin and are also doing well in Asia and Australia especially.Im seeing sadly a few poorer level Irish fighters so desperate for a world title that they are now fighting for the wbf title and marketing themselves as world champions.If i had known about the belt situation shortly after i started getting into boxing i would not have bothered because it is that ****ing ridiculous.I cant imagine ever having too explain too friends how one boxing division could have up to 9 major world champions.The governing bodies are all dirty ****ing snakes.Rant over

Comment

Originally posted by Kilrain View Post
                    This. I have no regard for WBO. WBA/WBC being the eldest have some weight, but the Ring championship and peer p4p review is what really counts.

Comment

Working...
                    X