Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Julio Cesar Chavez vs. Sergio Martinez: what's your prediction?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by letsgobrady View Post
    sergio to me seems to take about 4 rounds off most of the time in the middle rounds where he may seem tired but i think it's just a strategy he uses so that he doesn't get tired late because if you look at alot of his fights he seems to very good in early rounds (1-4)and the late rounds (10-12)
    I agree, he knows that all fighters tire a bit as the fight progresses. He starts fast by winning the first 4 and getting a head start, then he coasts a bit maybe giving up a round or two because he can afford too.

I think this is when he is studying his opponent and using footwork to tire them out and do enough to make the rounds close and force them to attack him.

The whole time, they are slowing down and they think Sergio will maintain this tempo. Around the 8th round, he steps it up a notch and starts to attack them and land flush counters. As the final rounds tick by, he starts to double up on his punches and his opponent has slowed enough that their defense has gotten holes all in it.

When he kicks it into high gear, they are ripe for the picking and too tired to do anything about it. He dictates when he wants to fight and blows them away like a high performance vehicle cruising away from a minivan.

Comment

• I haven't seen one single Martinez opponent ever claim that he doesn't have power and their faces at the end of the fight tell the story of what happened in the ring.....Chavez will be shocked by how powerful Martinez is.

Comment

• Originally posted by Freedom. View Post
        I think Chavez Jr's youth and aggression will make it a very difficult fight for the aging Martinez.

What do you think?
        opposite, his aggression and inexperience will leave him open to shots and get stopped late

Comment

• Originally posted by Phantomas View Post
          Roach and Chávez Senior know Jr. will get the job done, they even think this is easier than Lee. (Correction, They didn´t think Lee was easy, but Martínez hell sure they do).
          I think you are the one fooled my friend. The only thing he and his camp care about is that Chavez is bigger and has a solid chin. Their entire strategy is for Chavez to walk Sergio down and pin him against the ropes.

He will eat only a handful of straight lefts and start to doubt himself.....this will become all too apparent by the look on his face when he is in the corner. Roach nor his pops will have any answers or him.

Comment

• Once chavez gets hit he is going to be suprised at the power..

martinez must start early and fast.. he should hope for a stoppage cuz he wont get the dicision no matter how one sided the fight is.

Comment

• Chavez by robbery.

Comment

• In all seriousness I wouldn't be surprised if Chavez beat Martinez, not because I think Chavez is good but because I think Martinez is highly overrated.

Comment

• Originally posted by FeFist View Post
                  In all seriousness I wouldn't be surprised if Chavez beat Martinez, not because I think Chavez is good but because I think Martinez is highly overrated.
                  Martinez didn't get to be the lineal MW champ by being a bum. If Chavez wins, it's because he actually deserved the win. I don't see the judges or Arum ****ing with this one. A controversial decision will make Chavez look like complete ***** and he'll lose fans because of it. Jr's reputation can't afford to get any worst than it already is, so there can't be any foolishness involved.

Comment

• Chavez will walk him down and brutally KO him in 8-10

Comment

• Originally posted by mathed View Post
                      I haven't seen one single Martinez opponent ever claim that he doesn't have power and their faces at the end of the fight tell the story of what happened in the ring.....Chavez will be shocked by how powerful Martinez is.

its because you started following martinez after the pavlik fight...

you can start with Margarito...

from that, you can scroll up and down for a list of unheard european cab drivers and south american goat hearders that martinez had slayed using his awesome skills...

Comment

Working...
                      X