Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Brant's Promoter Says Murata Rematch is Real Possibility

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Brant's Promoter Says Murata Rematch is Real Possibility

Rob Brant (24-1, 16 KOs) burst onto the scene this past weekend by pulling the upset against Ryoto Murata for the 'regular' version of the WBA middleweight title. Murata, had been talked about as a possible foe for Gennady Golovkin in Tokyo, Japan - but now those plans have gone by the wayside.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Cohen should be advised.

Murata is a monster in Japan.

Comment

Was actually a good match wouldn't mind seeing that again I'm sure Brant would be paid a TON of Money to go to Japan

Comment

home support/advantage for murata could make things competitive for brant..but brant has done it once,I'm sure he can do it again

Comment

A rematch can only happen in Japan, there's no way a rematch will sell in America even as a co-feature. If there is a rematch I hope Brant gets to pocket a cool million dollars.

Comment

I still haven't watched this yet, but it seemed wide & maybe like a rematch isn't really necessarily. At least right away. But money...I get it lol.

And why would Brant turn down likely more money if not his best payday to fight a guy again who he just widely beat? I can't imagine I'd pass that up so fair play to Brant.

Comment

Murata knows something is wrong, he won't take this even in Japan. He was nullified and won't do any better unless he improves. I say he needs a funky Philly gym where he can learn to dance and move his head. As an Englishman once said about an Irishman. He's too Mexican.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
                I still haven't watched this yet, but it seemed wide & maybe like a rematch isn't really necessarily. At least right away. But money...I get it lol.

And why would Brant turn down likely more money if not his best payday to fight a guy again who he just widely beat? I can't imagine I'd pass that up so fair play to Brant.
                Absolutely. Take the cash. I have zero doubt Murata would work harder and be better prepared, not to mention have an entire stadium reacting to anything he does well. I still think this was a bad night for Murata and he is better than what he showed. But I can't argue: Brant has little reason to NOT do it. He whupped him once, he knows he can do it again. Since his team is asking for the Japan money, it says a ton. He is not even slightly worried.

Go get the payday, Mr. Brant. Total fair play, to steal a quote.

Comment

Does anyone think Brant can be a threat at 160? He seems to have a tremendous amount of confidence in his abilities. I also think that what happened on Saturday was also influenced by Murata possibly overlooking the man.

Comment

Congratulations Rob!

Enjoy your big win, you deserve it

Comment

Working...
                    X