No announcement yet.

Abel, "As He Grows In Popularity He Has To Move Up...Maybe 175!"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Johnwoo8686 View Post
    You are truly an idiot lol. Heavyweights don't move up in weight because the division is 200 pounds to unlimited, meaning guys can fight guys who outweigh them by 100 pounds on the day of the weigh in! This is simple logic. Middleweights don't fight guys with that kind of size advantage ever unless they move up in weightclasses. Stop being a nuthugger.
    So heavyweights move up how many divisions?

As for your attemp at a counter argument, it doesnt really mean anything. I can be a 225 heavyweight and my opponent just be 200, which means that i have a weight advantage. Just the same my next fight my opponent can be 250, which means he would have the advantage. Im bigger in one fight but smaller in another, whereas when i move up in weight im in theory the smaller man.

Which brings me to my next point. Moving up is not always a disadvantage, so why should it be credited that way. Hopkins, cotto, canelo and many other boxers have benefited from moving up because their chins improved by not cutting too much weight.

All in all your logic fails. Being a heavyweight i can outweigh my opponent in one fight, and be outweighted in the next. This happens in all divisions but your point was that a heavyweight can be outweighed by up to 100 pounds. So im assuming you mean small heavyweights are the ones to be praised because they are overcoming size advantage? That still doesnt mean they went up a division and the other heavyweights have done nothing wrong because they are fighting in the same division.

Haye beat valuev been seriously outweighed. Still haye had the power to visibly bother valuev and the chin to take his punches. Sometimes being the smaller faster man benefits you, other times being the bigger man does. This happens in every division and nobody calls it moving up in weight.

Comment

Originally posted by elgu View Post
      So heavyweights move up how many divisions?

As for your attemp at a counter argument, it doesnt really mean anything. I can be a 225 heavyweight and my opponent just be 200, which means that i have a weight advantage. Just the same my next fight my opponent can be 250, which means he would have the advantage. Im bigger in one fight but smaller in another, whereas when i move up in weight im in theory the smaller man.

Which brings me to my next point. Moving up is not always a disadvantage, so why should it be credited that way. Hopkins, cotto, canelo and many other boxers have benefited from moving up because their chins improved by not cutting too much weight.

All in all your logic fails. Being a heavyweight i can outweigh my opponent in one fight, and be outweighted in the next. This happens in all divisions but your point was that a heavyweight can be outweighed by up to 100 pounds. So im assuming you mean small heavyweights are the ones to be praised because they are overcoming size advantage? That still doesnt mean they went up a division and the other heavyweights have done nothing wrong because they are fighting in the same division.

Haye beat valuev been seriously outweighed. Still haye had the power to visibly bother valuev and the chin to take his punches. Sometimes being the smaller faster man benefits you, other times being the bigger man does. This happens in every division and nobody calls it moving up in weight.
      Your whole argument is nonsensical and a poor defense of little G deciding to stay in one weightclass. But after watching him get outboxed and getting a bloody nose last weekend from a welterweight, I too think he should remain at middleweight. Those guys at lightheavyweight can hit very hard and I think Golovkin gets destroyed at those weightclasses. He should keep calling out welterweights, I doubt he can hang with the big boys.

Comment

Working...
      X