No announcement yet.

Bill Maher on Muslims.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cuauhtémoc1502 View Post
    Here is my question, why is it that the second Bill Maher says something about Islam, it's all over the news and a HUGE deal, yet for years he's been trashing Christianity, making fun of Christ and nothing, not a peep by the same media.

I think he has a right to his opinions and brings up some valid points and concerns, of course the politically correct world we live in, it's going to get a lot of press.

He's an atheist, it's obvious listening to him and his show. He made a movie ridiculing religion, he doesn't want anyone else's values pushed on him, I understand that.

What is funny to me though, is that when he brings up certain scriptures to Muslims, like he recently did on his show, the point is completely ignored. He's then told he's "misinterpreting" the scriptures and then the line "Islam is a religion of peace' follows soon after.
    This is the real double moral bull****.

I don't mind Bill, pushing buttons should be done once in a while but sometimes it feels like it's just trashing on peoples belive for the sake of trashing on it. He got some great points once in a while but he also tend to generalize quite a bit and being an unsympathetic stubborn ass.

Comment

Originally posted by AssasinKing View Post
      Maybe not enough people complain?

Post some videos of him talking trash about Christianity and id gladly give my opinion....

And he made a stupid statement....So because Islam is a book of peace, There shouldnt be 1 bad muslim in this world.....Thats not gonna happen, you could have a guy thats an atheist, and pretends to be a muslim and goes and blows himself up for all we know

my point being you dont know anyones true intentions or beliefs

This guy is saying there must be something in the Quran making these "terrorists" but the fact is any1 can take anything they like and interpret it differently, for wrong or right
      He made a whole movie trashing Christianity.

Comment

Originally posted by Freedom!
        Why doesn't Bill Maher ever say anything about The Talmud?

There's some VERY strange stuff in that book, do a google search and see.

Why is it so acceptable for him to constantly bash Islam and Christianity, but if anyone so much as breathes a negative word about Judaism, it's considered a thought-crime?
        Did you know that some orthodox Jewish rabbis circumsize male babies by biting off the foreskin of the penis?

Talk about strange. But it's true.
        Last edited by ChopperRead; 03-15-2011, 12:40 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Cuauhtémoc1502 View Post
          Here is my question, why is it that the second Bill Maher says something about Islam, it's all over the news and a HUGE deal, yet for years he's been trashing Christianity, making fun of Christ and nothing, not a peep by the same media.
          making fun of christians s cool n trendy. making fun of islam s mean. n in some countries it will get u killed.

Comment

Originally posted by AssasinKing View Post
            Maybe not enough people complain?

Post some videos of him talking trash about Christianity and id gladly give my opinion....

And he made a stupid statement....So because Islam is a book of peace, There shouldnt be 1 bad muslim in this world.....Thats not gonna happen, you could have a guy thats an atheist, and pretends to be a muslim and goes and blows himself up for all we know

my point being you dont know anyones true intentions or beliefs

This guy is saying there must be something in the Quran making these "terrorists" but the fact is any1 can take anything they like and interpret it differently, for wrong or right
            1 - You re 100% right, the reason is because Christians don't react with acts of violence and when some do, they are IMMEDIATELY condemned by the entire Christian world, I'm sorry but it's just not the same in Islam. Even after 9/11 I heard more "Well that's what happens when....." more so than condemning it straight up, if you understand what I mean. Nobody is scared of insulting Christianity, that's why there was a movie like "Last Temptation of Christ" and not one person was murdered or attacked because of it.

Could you imagine a movie about Mohamed......the result would not be good.

2 - He made an entire movie trashing Christianity and Judaism....lol

3 - I agree but at the same time, if there are questionable teachings in the Quran or any other holy book, are people not allowed to question it?

I think that's his point.

Why is it so acceptable for him to constantly bash Islam and Christianity, but if anyone so much as breathes a negative word about Judaism, it's considered a thought-crime?
            He does all the time, watch his movie Religiosity, he crushes all 3 religions very badly.

Comment

If he's saying religion's ghey, I agree.

Comment

Why do ju always bring up this lol. this thread is about Islam lol.

But yea what ju say abou the Talmud is probably tru. These books are written hundreds of years ago, in another time.

Islam is not a religion of peace, why do people say this lol. It promotes a holy war against infidels for ****s sake! haha

Comment

People trash Christianity freely because Christians let them do it un punished.

I actually respect Muslims for not letting anyone mock their religion. If someone talks ***** about your race or your family, its OK to get offended, but if someone talks ***** about your religion and your beliefs you're suppose to not care?

Comment

Originally posted by B.I.G. Dinero View Post
                    People trash Christianity freely because Christians let them do it un punished.

I actually respect Muslims for not letting anyone mock their religion. If someone talks ***** about your race or your family, its OK to get offended, but if someone talks ***** about your religion and your beliefs you're suppose to not care?
                    Do you know anything about Christianity? Not if one of the tenants of the religion is NON VIOLENCE....hahaha

For Christians to act in violence goes in direct contradiction to what Christ taught.

Comment

Religion is bull****. I don't care if a baby is named adolf or mohammed or whatever though.

Comment

Working...
                      X