No announcement yet.

Tyson Fury Will Be On The Joe Rogan Podcast This Week

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tyson Fury Will Be On The Joe Rogan Podcast This Week

They're going for a million PPV buys to call Eddie Hearn's bluff about the AJ vs Wilder fight being 50/50 if Wilder vs Fury does 1mil buys.

This should get them extra exposure as Joe Rogan podcast is one of the most listened to podcast in the world.

lol this is the only issue i had with eddie hearn making such statements. you are going to have frank warren and finkel doing everything they possibly can to get as many buys as possible, including dropping the PPV price down to $40 or less just to make sure that more people buy the fight, or possibly fudging the numbers just to back hearn into a corner.

Comment

Cant stand Joe Rogan but would watch if Fury is on the show.

Comment

thought that should be wilder seeing as hes american

that should add some buys doe good move

Comment

Originally posted by that g View Post
          lol this is the only issue i had with eddie hearn making such statements. you are going to have frank warren and finkel doing everything they possibly can to get as many buys as possible, including dropping the PPV price down to $40 or less just to make sure that more people buy the fight, or possibly fudging the numbers just to back hearn into a corner.
          If they drop the price to $30 it would certainly do better number but I still doubt it does a million. Also if they drop the fight Hearn’s offer of 50/50 will be off the table because he is going off the revenue being made at 1 mill standard PPV price. They can get a million PPV’s buy if they drop it to $5 but they will make peanuts.

Comment

Originally posted by that g View Post
            I don't think this is some 1M buy thing reallllllllllllllllllly. They knew its a revenue thing. And Hearn mighta said 1M buys, but he meant 1M buy revenue for a $60ish or more US PPV fight as is the standard for US PPV's. If this was all about PPV buys they could just hand out coupon codes for buying a $1 PPV for 50 cents or some nutty sh^t like that.

And as is these mfers aren't stupid. They have been & will continue to get the most PPV buys as possible. Hearn saying what he said or not they were gonna try to make the most money here for themselves & the fighters.

And also the point few are discussing is IF they do 1M buys at $60 or more a pop a 50/50 offer is Hearn lowballing them cuz Wilder has shown his upside is BIGGER than Joshua's at this point in time cuz the revenue for Wilder vs Fury would be more than any Joshua fight so if Wilder wins with those numbers he should probably be getting 55/45, 60/40 HIS way.

But to the point of the OP, thanks for the heads up & I might have to listen to this one live vs waiting it to drop into my podcast feed cuz I foresee Fury saying some crazy sh^t that may or may not be edited out of the final copy of the show lol.
            Last edited by Eff Pandas; 10-23-2018, 11:26 AM.

Comment

Too bad Rogan doesn't know shyt about boxing.

Comment

Originally posted by Split Decision View Post
                thought that should be wilder seeing as hes american

that should add some buys doe good move
                Fury is a bigger international boxer. + They know Wilder would show how uneducated he is talking to Rogan for 1+ hours, the guy struggles with basic English.
                Last edited by Robbie Barrett; 10-23-2018, 11:33 AM.

Comment

hopefully Fury can impart some knowledge to the sycophant

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
                    I don't think this is some 1M buy thing reallllllllllllllllllly. They knew its a revenue thing. And Hearn mighta said 1M buys, but he meant 1M buy revenue for a $60ish or more US PPV fight as is the standard for US PPV's. If this was all about PPV buys they could just hand out coupon codes for buying a $1 PPV for 50 cents or some nutty sh^t like that.

And as is these mfers aren't stupid. They have been & will continue to get the most PPV buys as possible. Hearn saying what he said or not they were gonna try to make the most money here for themselves & the fighters.

And also the point few are discussing is IF they do 1M buys at $60 or more a pop a 50/50 offer is Hearn lowballing them cuz Wilder has shown his upside is BIGGER than Joshua's at this point in time cuz the revenue for Wilder vs Fury would be more than any Joshua fight so if Wilder wins with those numbers he should probably be getting 55/45, 60/40 HIS way.

But to the point of the OP, thanks for the heads up & I might have to listen to this one live vs waiting it to drop into my podcast feed cuz I foresee Fury saying some crazy sh^t that may or may not be edited out of the final copy of the show lol.
                    i agree with you here, but you know wilder fans and shelley finkel will use that as a talking point. "but he got 1 million buys doe"

Comment

Working...
                    X