No announcement yet.

My first ever Sparring after 1 month of training boxing

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My first ever Sparring after 1 month of training boxing

A link for the full video of my 4-round light sparring with my coach below.
    I'm the one wearing white shirt. Yea this is my first ever sparring, never fought in my life before.

1st round: Learning phase. Since this is my first ever sparring, the feeling was unfamiliar punching a guy's face instead of bags and pads. I kept throwing my 1-2 combination, but gets countered. I threw a left straight that sent him back all the way to the ropes (2:59)

2nd round: I started connecting some straight. I've learned a lot from round 1. But I still lack combinations. I easily got countered by his lead hook, everytime. I gassed lol

-5 minute break-

3rd round: Learned to adjust, be patient, and counter. I even connected a counter left uppercut (at 7:52). Still learning.

4th round: Threw everything I had lol lacking enough stamina in me. I don't know what punches to throw anymore, my 1-2 keeps getting countered by hook.

I gladly need your advice, opinions, comments for me to keep on getting better.

FULL VIDEO: https://youtu.be/lc_-brFX1wo
    Last edited by CodeBreaker; 10-21-2018, 08:10 PM.

Looks like you open,stance bit too wide at times. And raise your back foot up alot instead of strong pivot. Reaching alot. Lools good for first spar though. Very soft spar. Kids in gym,i attend go all out

Comment

1st thing. Delete this video and never show anybody again.

2nd. Don't listen to anyone's advice on a boxing forum. Learn in the gym.

3rd. You're welcome.

Comment

Originally posted by CodeBreaker View Post
        A link for the full video of my 4-round light sparring below.
        I'm the one wearing white shirt. Yea this is my first ever sparring, never fought in my life before.

1st round: Learning phase. Since this is my first ever sparring, the feeling was unfamiliar punching a guy's face instead of bags and pads. I kept throwing my 1-2 combination, but gets countered. I threw a left straight that sent him back all the way to the ropes (2:59)

2nd round: I started connecting some straight. I've learned a lot from round 1. But I still lack combinations. I easily got countered by his lead hook, everytime. I gassed lol

-5 minute break-

3rd round: Learned to adjust, be patient, and counter. I even connected a counter left uppercut (at 7:52). Still learning.

4th round: Threw everything I had lol lacking enough stamina in me. I don't know what punches to throw anymore, my 1-2 keeps getting countered by hook.

I gladly need your advice, opinions, comments for me to keep on getting better.

FULL VIDEO: https://youtu.be/lc_-brFX1wo
        1. Need much more leg movement you are stagnant.

2. Round two you connected with some stiff straights, you should have gone all out then.
        You would have ended it then.

Comment

Appreciate your comments guys

Comment

Just keep at it, you look pretty awkward and off balance a lot, your stance looks too wide and you're reaching with your right hand hand lifting your back foot.

Not bad at all for first time sparring, keep training.

Comment

Originally posted by markyod View Post
              Just keep at it, you look pretty awkward and off balance a lot, your stance looks too wide and you're reaching with your right hand hand lifting your back foot.

Not bad at all for first time sparring, keep training.
              Noted mate.

I thought having wide stance is good to keep my balance, and I see Mayweather does it most of the time haha

Comment

well, Mayweather also drops his lead hand and baits a shot to the opening, would you do that? Stick to the basics till you learn, you're standing too wide, that's why you can't follow. Also why are you so afraid to be punched, the guy is going light on you, it's perfect to learn? If you think about throwing any shot and started to execute it - do it without hesitation, throw your punches with more confidence. That's one of the more important things.

Comment

Main thing I noticed was your footwork. You shouldn't ever cross your legs and you shouldn't ever be bringing your ankles that close together.

Practice footwork drills at home and when you do roadwork. Theres tons of videos on youtube, but its fairly self explanatory. Just takes some time and practice as its not super natural. Otherwise keep up the good work man!

Comment

Originally posted by tcbender View Post
                    Main thing I noticed was your footwork. You shouldn't ever cross your legs and you shouldn't ever be bringing your ankles that close together.

Practice footwork drills at home and when you do roadwork. Theres tons of videos on youtube, but its fairly self explanatory. Just takes some time and practice as its not super natural. Otherwise keep up the good work man!
                    TC hit the nail on the head with this one.

Comment

Working...
                    X