NSB Pick 'em 2018 Redux

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by siablo14 View Post
    NC Uppercut, if he is up to it.

Maybe ShoulderRoll too because we both know he needs to do something better with his free time than focus on nutsy stuff.
    'Roll, huh? Guess he does need something to keep his mind busy, man, stop him seeing them Commies everywhere. Maybe we could sell it as a form of therapy?

Uppercut's a good dude I think, and there's plenty of others. Just by preference I'd probably prefer a US / Mex dude just to keep a nice balance, but honestly, I ain't picky that provided it ain't one of the real fanboy/hater nutjobs.

Comment

• Originally posted by Koba-Grozny View Post
      'Roll, huh? Guess he does need something to keep his mind busy, man, stop him seeing them Commies everywhere. Maybe we could sell it as a form of therapy?

Uppercut's a good dude I think, and there's plenty of others. Just by preference I'd probably prefer a US / Mex dude just to keep a nice balance, but honestly, I ain't picky that provided it ain't one of the real fanboy/hater nutjobs.
      Yeah man, "Roll. Let him have some powers and feel like the Powers That Be.

Yeah man. I am cool with whoever you choose.

Comment

The Commies were funded by Wall Street.

It seems like you are another one of these guys that are so caught up in the left vs right divide that you can't see the real enemy...the international banksters.

Much like Siablo you need to read The Naked Capitalist.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
          The Commies were funded by Wall Street.

It seems like you are another one of these guys that are so caught up in the left vs right divide that you can't see the real enemy...the international banksters.

Much like Siablo you need to read The Naked Capitalist.
          Naw, man, I'm down on the bankers and financiers, the parasitic multinationals, the jingoists, the warmongers and every fucker that exploits the poor and vulnerable and keeps us divided through fear and uncertainty... it's just that I don't see a conspiracy but Business as Usual. Everything running exactly as it evolved to do - this isn't some secretive cabal but an endemic system wide characteristic. The very nature and essence of capitalism if you extrapolate it's logical path.

I spent too long banging my head on that particular brick wall though and these days I have limited patience on problems I can't solve. Stuff I do now is either issue based or at a more local and community level where I can actually make a difference. This smoke and mirrors conspiracy **** is just a distraction, man. Get on with your life. Find a woman you love, fuck her as much as you can and raise happy kids, eat well, exercise, be good to your fellow human beings... and stop wasting your time on that BS.
          Last edited by Citizen Koba; 05-17-2018, 02:12 AM.

Comment

Naw, man, I'm down on the bankers and financiers, the parasitic multinationals, the jingoists, the warmongers and every fucker that exploits the poor and vulnerable and keeps us divided through fear and uncertainty... it's just that I don't see a conspiracy but Business as Usual. Everything running exactly as it evolved to do - this isn't some secretive cabal but an endemic system wide characteristic. The very nature and essence of capitalism if you extrapolate it's logical path.
            People are basically good at heart and want happiness for themselves and their families.

If left to their own devices I think they would fashion a world that would be a better place.

But there are monied interests that are catering to the more negative aspects of our nature which is why the world is so messed up. And there are legit, academic sources that prove this when taken together and looked at as a whole.

It's no conspiracy, "they" exist and are gradually consolidating more and more power.

If we want to fix things we have to get to the root of the cancer. All I try to do is show people where it is.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
              People are basically good at heart and want happiness for themselves and their families.

If left to their own devices I think they would fashion a world that would be a better place.

But there are monied interests that are catering to the more negative aspects of our nature which is why the world is so messed up. And there are legit, academic sources that prove this when taken together and looked at as a whole.

It's no conspiracy, "they" exist and are gradually consolidating more and more power.

If we want to fix things we have to get to the root of the cancer. All I try to do is show people where it is.
              Ha ha. That almost sounds dangerously revolutionary of you 'Roll. You ain't a closet Communist are you perchance? S'okay, man, I totally approve though my political philosophy leans more towards Anarchism.

Anyways. I shouldn't have teased you, cos now I'm going to have to cut this short. It's one thing doing this ish on the weekly Pick 'ems which get consigned to history fairly quickly but we can't have this ish taking over the master thread. Accept my apologies, man.

Comment

• Pick 'em leaderboard updated (finally) for Lomachenko - Linares and Munguia - Ali.

otrocubiche with yet another exceptional week of picks now leaving everyone else trailing in his wake as the clear #1. Special mention for Vinnykin -welcome back, man, it's been a while - and ThomasJK with great picks and both scoring over 100.

Fine work, gentlemen.

Comment

• thanks, hope superman doesn't let me down this weekend

Comment

• Originally posted by otrocubiche View Post
                    thanks, hope superman doesn't let me down this weekend
                    He'd better freakin' not! I started off picking Jack but then changed to Stevenson when I started remembering what he's got in his arsenal. Really hard to tell how fighters are gonna perform from one fight to the next when they get to his age but I'm betting on that left still having enough spite on it to separate Jack from his senses. Shame though cos Badou's really grown on me over the last coupla years.

Comment

• Originally posted by PICK EM CREW View Post
                      Pick 'em leaderboard updated (finally) for Lomachenko - Linares and Munguia - Ali.

otrocubiche with yet another exceptional week of picks now leaving everyone else trailing in his wake as the clear #1. Special mention for Vinnykin -welcome back, man, it's been a while - and ThomasJK with great picks and both scoring over 100.

Fine work, gentlemen.
                      Yeah, and if it wasn't for that pesky Manguia ko'ing Ali in round 4 instead of the mid rounds, I would have done even better!

Comment

Working...
                      X