Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The next two off the Brit Heavyweight conveyor belt...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tom Cruise View Post
    Hatton has uploaded it on YT mate of you are interested.

Not the best fight. Akinlande is tough and pressed the action but couldnt seem to get going at all. Gorman looked good, solid skills, some lovely moves (esp. backing up to ropes and countering with uppercut), but never looked like hurting Akinlande really.

Hes a big lump Gorman but maybe, as Dave Allen says on commentary, just looking for his man strength still. Good learning fight though and Akinlande is the type of fighter all our prospects should fight coming up
    Thanks for the heads up, I actually forgot all about it. I'll watch it at some point today

Yeah apart from the Georgian with a fake record I like how Gorman has been matched so far. 10 hard rounds at this level should do him a world of good. He has cited Hughie Fury as a template, which I think is good as Hughie was moved well too until the acne/steroid issue took him out of the ring for a bit. Maybe Josh Sandland for the vacant English title next?

By the way I went to the last WSB card in York Hall and saw Frazer Clarke get dropped heavily by an Italian and escape with a fortunate decision (although he recovered admirably from the KD). He really is uncannily similar to the Joe Joyce of a few years ago. The Italian looked pretty handy and I think he's still young, so he could be a dark horse for a medal in Tokyo

Comment

Dubois fights Darch in December on the Degale comeback bill.

Not gonna set the world alight, but Darch will give it a go, and he has good time to get a proper camp in. A 20 year old HW can get away with this kind of slow step up. He seems to be getting good sparring.

Comment

Who has he been sparring with?

Comment

Originally posted by Clegg View Post
          Who has he been sparring with?
          Joshua, H Fury, fat Tyson Fury, Nathan Gorman, Martin Bakole Illunga (good prospect), Joe Joyce, Dave Allen (for what its worth, people seem to respect him as a sparring partner)

Probably others too. Not just guys at his own gym basically
          Last edited by Tom Cruise; 11-06-2017, 04:38 PM.

Comment

Dubois vs Webb ordered by the BBBoC for the English title.

I assume technically the winner of Darch vs Dubois.

Good stuff. Pretty predictable once Gorman pulled out that this was the plan. Good matches for 3 of Franks best prospects next(or soon) with Gorman vs Soltby, Yarde vs Sjekloca and Dubois vs Webb

Comment

Originally posted by Tom Cruise View Post
              Dubois vs Webb ordered by the BBBoC for the English title.

I assume technically the winner of Darch vs Dubois.

Good stuff. Pretty predictable once Gorman pulled out that this was the plan. Good matches for 3 of Franks best prospects next(or soon) with Gorman vs Soltby, Yarde vs Sjekloca and Dubois vs Webb
              Strange, Dubois has pulled out, Gorman has replaced him http://bbbofc.com/content/english-ch...-december-2017

Comment

Originally posted by Randall Cunning View Post
                Strange, Dubois has pulled out, Gorman has replaced him http://bbbofc.com/content/english-ch...-december-2017
                Unless they have a better opponent, unlikely at this stage, that is a bit of a shame

Comment

Originally posted by Randall Cunning View Post
                  Weird. I thought it would end up being Dubois vs. Gorman.

Comment

Originally posted by soul_survivor View Post
                    I'm glad you mentioned Dubois because he is probably the most talented new comer to the pro ranks and like you said, he didn't come to the game late. He's boxed at numerous clubs in London and I think is currently training down the road from me at the Pea****. Not bad. Plus only 19, youngest Brit champ ever? If he progresses the way I think he can and if the hw division keeps churning out mediocre fighters, I reckon he can pick up a belt by late 2019 if he really gets pushed.
                    100% agree, I've said before, when he comes of age he could well dethrone AJ, long journey ahead though before that.

Comment

Originally posted by sportbuddha View Post
                      100% agree, I've said before, when he comes of age he could well dethrone AJ, long journey ahead though before that.
                      If AJ is still THE man at 30/31, Dubois will be about 25...what a fight that could be.

Comment

Working...
                      X