Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Regis Prograis Explains Flanagan Pick, Only Wants Best Fights

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Regis Prograis Explains Flanagan Pick, Only Wants Best Fights

By Lyle Fitzsimmons - Regis Prograis has his eyes on bigger prizes. In fact, he admits names like Errol Spence Jr. and Terence Crawford infiltrate his career dreams. But before he climbs the ambition ladder to welterweight, there's important work to be done. The dynamic 29-year-old begins his final resume-building offensive at 140 pounds this weekend, when he'll head back to his native New...
    [Click Here To Read More]

Why it’s garbage: You want to say Machado ought to be the WBA’s No. 1 guy ahead of Gervonta Davis, fine. But according to the organization itself, he’s not. And so long as Davis is the top champion, he’s the only champion worthy of being recognized.

davis is the only worthy one? he completely stole machados belt due to politics. yes lets just go on what the organization wants. why use your brain? lets be completely ahistorical and just recognize the guy the wba wants.

Comment

Originally posted by daggum View Post
      Why it’s garbage: You want to say Machado ought to be the WBA’s No. 1 guy ahead of Gervonta Davis, fine. But according to the organization itself, he’s not. And so long as Davis is the top champion, he’s the only champion worthy of being recognized.

davis is the only worthy one? he completely stole machados belt due to politics. yes lets just go on what the organization wants. why use your brain? lets be completely ahistorical and just recognize the guy the wba wants.
      This ^. It's like saying 'well, Gervonta's title is bogus, but I'm gonna legitimise it in protest at the WBAs bogus titles'.

Reminds me of the argument against investigating George 'Dubya' Bush's vote rigging... effectively that it shouldn't be investigated because it might undermine his credibility as president..

Comment

2018 is a great year for Regi Prograis : fighting three times, along the way Regis picked up the WBC interim 140 pound title vs. former 140 unified IBF-WBA champion Julius Indongo, likely another win vs. former WBO lightweight champion Terry 'Turbo' Flanagan this Saturday in New Orleans ; leading to his greatest challenge as a pro in the current top five jr. welterweight WBA champion Kiryl Relikh for the first quarter of 2019.

Should Prograis beat Kiryl Relikh in the second round of the WBSS, that legitimately make Prograis a real world champion in capturing the WBA.

The 'Monsters' Naoya Inoue lit up WBSS! We seen what happened to Juan Carlos Payano vs. Naoya. Terry Flanagan like Payano has never been stopped in 34 professional bouts ; will Flanagan suffer the same fate in the first round of the jr. welterweight WBSS?

WOLF-PACK IN THE HOUSE!!!

Comment

Never seen him fight but I'm already a fan. It's a refreshing change to see someone not go down the path of least resistance and protect the 0 until it's a good time to cash out.

Can't blame fighters for doing it, they have families and mortgages but pretty cool to see someone say f**** that

I'll be making sure I see his fight against Flanagan

Comment

Flanagan is also coming off a loss and is having his second fight at the weight..... could be another reason why he chose him?

Comment

Don't count out Turbo Terry in this one

Prograis looked far from great his last time out and I believe he struggles A LOT to get down to 140.

Comment

I would have gone the Martin route. Flanagan fought Orlando Cruz a couple fights ago. Wouldn't wanna get aids....

Comment

Flanagan, Relikh and Taylor. Regis gets through them and he has a nice resume.

Comment

I like Prograis at 140 but he needs to just keep dreaming about 147 division because he knows (from experience) that won't be nearly as successful against the top welter weights.

He gets blown out by Thurman, Spence, Crawford, Danny Garcia and Porter...5 rounds max.

Comment

Working...
                    X