Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How is Mike Tyson not considered top 5 Heavyweight of all time?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MasterPlan View Post
    That was my point.
    Lol OK cool.

Comment

People are insane. Look at the state of politics, hell look at the state of everything. We're heading into a dark age. Religious extremists all over, red scared era style witch hunts everyday, absurd amounts of street violence, political speratitist have gone from fringe to mainstream...music, film, art in general all dead and derivative of the past. Innovation is at a standstill....the new CPUs coming out have a lower base frequency then past cpus to make room for larger caches, that's not an advancement it's a reshuffling of the same equipment.

What else do you need? The old gods are dead, mod mentality reigns, every little **** kingdom or nation that was ever absorbed into a bigger, better, nation now wants to separate back into their little **** nations. Christians have become militant. Shootings happen everyday. All the biggest blockbusters are cash-ins based on old works. Music stopped coming up with genres when it went electronic.

.....I know of another time in history when it was cool to hate your neighbor, praise jesus while you do horrible ****, arts sucked, and everything from the past was demonized....

Video games died in 2001. Comedy died in 2008. Music died in 2009. ....Seems right....Mike Tyson no longer one of the greatests of all time....****in' latteral with the rest of this cornball braindead bull****

Comment

Originally posted by apollocreed View Post
        Sorry but you Tyson fans have an endless list of excuses which you always reel off - D Amato dying, King, Givens, long count v Douglas, women, money, prison, drugs, Holyfield headbutts, now steroids .....
        It goes on forever. You can’t accept anything isn’t down to bad luck, like his life story is some mythic Greek tragedy. In reality he was good, just not as good as you love to believe.
        Douglas fought brilliantly that night and kicked his ass.
        I think Douglas that night would have given major problems to any version of Tyson.
        Also, those two big wins of his - Holmes was way past his best and very rusty, and Spinks was really a blown up light heavy who was terrified before the fight started.
        Tyson relied heavily on intimidation, but against Holyfield he couldn’t do that, Evander was smiling and singing during his ring walk.
        I didn't bring up anything about Mike's ex-wife, Cus or whatever that's his more rabid fanbase. Mike himself admitted that he didn't train for the Douglas fight. And Holyfield is a great fighter, no doubt about that but the dude is the poster boy of boxing for steroids.

Look, I'm a fan of Tyson but I'm not some blind fanboy, I even said Tyson loses to the much bigger Lewis and Klits Bros prime 4 prime.

Read Breadman's recent mailbag on Tyson in regards to his wins over Holmes and Spinks and why they are quality wins.

Comment

Working...
        X