Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Another "Fighter of the Decade Award" for Manny Pacquiao?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah that’s never going to happen.

Literally 0%.

Marquez KO, beaten easily by Mayweather and a bad loss to Jeff Horn.

No chance.

Comment

If in the rule book it says you can't be fotd if you've lost by ko to a great fighter and robbed once or twice in other people's backyards past prime, then Pac definitely can't be fotd.
      But I'm not sure that rule book actually exists apart from in some people's minds.. Id actually bet my life on it not existing.
      Last edited by hugh grant; 07-31-2019, 12:43 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by hugh grant View Post
        Well Pac has beaten many, great fighters in 2010 til now. Should Nelo get it for losing to GGG and beating him once, GGG is overated most say. Should beating khan get Nelo it?
        SRR wouldn't beat Thurman at 40 so why are you sarcastically saying Thurman....nah? And if SRR could or woulda he hasn't got the evidence to prove it!
        Pac's resume does have good name recognition, but who was great at the time they fought? his only solid wins were against Bradley. a controversial win against Marquez (KO lost the next fight) and Thurman. The rest of the wins were against past it fighters or lower class opposition. Manny is a legend!!! I love the guy who doesn't? and he looked remarkable for the first half of the Thurman fight. I wish him continued success, but fighter of the decade is off the table. He had more uneventful years than great ones this past decade

Comment

Originally posted by Lopez_Boxing View Post
          Pac's resume does have good name recognition, but who was great at the time they fought? his only solid wins were against Bradley. a controversial win against Marquez (KO lost the next fight) and Thurman. The rest of the wins were against past it fighters or lower class opposition. Manny is a legend!!! I love the guy who doesn't? and he looked remarkable for the first half of the Thurman fight. I wish him continued success, but fighter of the decade is off the table. He had more uneventful years than great ones this past decade
          Clottey arguably beat Cotto
          Historical 8th title vs Margarito
          Pfp’er Timothy Bradley
          Pfp’er Juicequez (I saw pac win, you saw him lose, he’s got the W)

Second half

Pfp’er Timothy Bradley
          Former Welterweight king Keith Thurman, oldest welterweight champion of all time

If he beats boogeyman Spence before the end of the year he is guaranteed FOTD 2010’s, no arguing it. Doubt he can squeeze it in though.
          Last edited by SplitSecond; 07-31-2019, 12:53 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
            Yeah that’s never going to happen.

Literally 0%.

Marquez KO, beaten easily by Mayweather and a bad loss to Jeff Horn.

No chance.
            from 2010 --

he's got names like margarito, molsey, marquez, bradley, lucas, broner and now thurman. yeah i think it's safe to say he'll be one of the front runners for FOTD award.

Comment

Originally posted by .WesternChamp. View Post
              from 2010 --

he's got names like margarito, molsey, marquez, bradley, lucas, broner and now thurman. yeah i think it's safe to say he'll be one of the front runners for FOTD award.
              No he’s not.

He won’t even be considered.

Comment

Originally posted by SplitSecond View Post
                Clottey arguably beat Cotto
                Historical 8th title vs Margarito
                Pfp’er Timothy Bradley
                Pfp’er Juicequez (I saw pac win, you saw him lose, he’s got the W)

Second half

Pfp’er Timothy Bradley
                Former Welterweight king Keith Thurman, oldest welterweight champion of all time

If he beats boogeyman Spence before the end of the year he is guaranteed FOTD 2010’s, no arguing it. Doubt he can squeeze it in though.
                He could go and get a time machine and beat a prime Ray Robinson and he still wouldn’t win Fighter of the decade.

Comment

No he’s not.

He won’t even be considered.
                  who's had a better run? only one that comes close is canelo. but canelo fought bums and then got a draw against ggg (which most thought he loss), then got a win over ggg (which most thought he loss). besides floyd and ggg canelo fought a bunch of bums.

Comment

He could go and get a time machine and beat a prime Ray Robinson and he still wouldn’t win Fighter of the decade.
                    inside source says he's one of the front runner. you gon be pissed again.

Comment

Pacquiao 2010-2019

Decision wins over clottey, margarito (for a 154 paper title), old mosley, solid wins

Questionable win over jmm, I thought he won but a lot thought jmm won

Robbed by Bradley but still a loss

Ktfo by jmm

Beat Rios, algieri and vargas....whatever

Beat Bradley two more times, good wins

Loss to floyd, closer than most ppl think but still an L

Loss to garbage Jeff horn, robbed again but still official L

So so wins over a shot mathysse and nobody broner

Very good win over Thurman

His losses ktfo by jmm and losing to lame horn hurts a lot

His losses were more remarkable than his wins this decade

Comment

Working...
                      X