No announcement yet.

Was Thomas Hearns a p4p fighter?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Was Thomas Hearns a p4p fighter?

im looking at his record right now in wikipedia but im not sure if that's his real record.

anyone knows if he was p4p?

Was he ranked in the top 10 you mean?

He was ranked number 1 before. And he was in the top 5 a couple other times I think.

Comment

Originally posted by -Antonio- View Post
      Was he ranked in the top 10 you mean?

He was ranked number 1 before. And he was in the top 5 a couple other times I think.
      yea. i was reading his record and he started as a welterweight, then to middleweight, supermiddleweight, lightheavyweight, and then cruiserweight (current).

heres his record http://www.boxrec.com/print.php?boxer_id=000303

Comment

IMO, I consider him one of the great p4p fighters. It just seems that Leonard and Hagler were just better. But anybody who can go from Welter to Cruiser and win titles at each division along the way, has to be considered a top P4P in my book.

Comment

Originally posted by Phantasm View Post
          IMO, I consider him one of the great p4p fighters. It just seems that Leonard and Hagler were just better. But anybody who can go from Welter to Cruiser and win titles at each division along the way, has to be considered a top P4P in my book.
          amen. . . .

Comment

Originally posted by The Underboss View Post
            im looking at his record right now in wikipedia but im not sure if that's his real record.

anyone knows if he was p4p?
            Absolutely......He may have even been #1 at one point not sure.

Comment

Originally posted by RAESAAD View Post
              Absolutely......He may have even been #1 at one point not sure.
              that's weird. ring magazine doesn't have him on the cruiserweights list.

Comment

Originally posted by The Underboss View Post
                that's weird. ring magazine doesn't have him on the cruiserweights list.
                I don't believe he ever won a CW belt or anything....In fact I think his first fight at CW was recently since he came back in his 40s.I could be wrong but thats what I think.

Comment

Ok after a little research I see he did have several fights at CW late in his career.....He never won a major world title or anything.....the last world title he held was the WBA LHW title after beating an at the time 30-0 Virgil Hill.......

Comment

Originally posted by RAESAAD View Post
                    I don't believe he ever won a CW belt or anything....In fact I think his first fight at CW was recently since he came back in his 40s.I could be wrong but thats what I think.
                    no wonder he's not appearing in the top cruiserweight lists. he lost the ibo cruiserweight title in 2000.

Comment

Working...
                    X