Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How Many Fans Subscribed To ESPN+ For Crawford vs Horn?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

bob arum is running Crawford and LOmachenko's career into the ground. I'll keep saying it. Those 2 guys need to get up from under Arum. One of the biggest fights of Crawford's career and Arum put i on a goddamn streaming service? wtf

Comment

Not sure how I'm supposed to vote, I've been signed up since the beginning. For 5$ a month it's worth it considering all the fights they are bringing, plus the 2 boxing shows they do and there are a couple other things I watch as well, like this series about all the Russian cities that are hosting the WC and the 30 for 30 archive

Comment

I did and did't like it one bit. Watch about a few rounds and turned it off. Chose to watch the Showtime fights instead. I stream Showtime through Amazon, so it was either watch ESPN+ or Showtime, Showtime production seems a lot better.

Comment

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
          Yeah. I ain't mad at Bob and ESPN I just don't feel I should have to pay $60 plus tax more than I already do to watch TR fighters.

I understand the financial benefit for the boxers. it feels like I am paying for old fights and TR sparring sessions for their top guys.

What really sucks is some locations do not have the app so I can't even watch the fights in a sports bar. I was out of town and tried to watch the fight at a Hooters in Maryland but they obviously didn't have it.
          That's potentially another can of worms. What if a bar owner does have the app, and decides to charge a cover? If one also has the app @ home, but is away and finds said bar, how much value is in paying again?

Comment

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
            Yeah. I ain't mad at Bob and ESPN I just don't feel I should have to pay $60 plus tax more than I already do to watch TR fighters.

I understand the financial benefit for the boxers. it feels like I am paying for old fights and TR sparring sessions for their top guys.

What really sucks is some locations do not have the app so I can't even watch the fights in a sports bar. I was out of town and tried to watch the fight at a Hooters in Maryland but they obviously didn't have it.
            That is the downfall of Arum's ESPN+ and Hearn's DAZN. Restaurants and Bars aren't set up to stream sports. I really doubt they would invest and change their whole setup to stream a fight here and there.

Comment

Originally posted by BigZ44 View Post
              Not sure how I'm supposed to vote, I've been signed up since the beginning. For 5$ a month it's worth it considering all the fights they are bringing, plus the 2 boxing shows they do and there are a couple other things I watch as well, like this series about all the Russian cities that are hosting the WC and the 30 for 30 archive
              You have it, so that's a "yes". Thanks for listing how you value the service.

Comment

Originally posted by SUBZER0ED View Post
                That's potentially another can of worms. What if a bar owner does have the app, and decides to charge a cover? If one also has the app @ home, but is away and finds said bar, how much value is in paying again?
                Will a bar owner and restaurants want to invest in changing their whole system to stream a fight here and there. They pretty much have to purchase smart tvs or a firestick for each tv.

Comment

Originally posted by filup79 View Post
                  I did and did't like it one bit. Watch about a few rounds and turned it off. Chose to watch the Showtime fights instead. I stream Showtime through Amazon, so it was either watch ESPN+ or Showtime, Showtime production seems a lot better.
                  What didn't you like about the production?

Comment

I knew this fight was only going one way, figured i will save my free trial for an espn+ fight im excited to see. Im notoriously bad about remembering to cancel those 3-day/7-day free trial things

Comment

Originally posted by filup79 View Post
                      Will a bar owner and restaurants want to invest in changing their whole system to stream a fight here and there. They pretty much have to purchase smart tvs or a firestick for each tv.
                      I agree. In order to recoup some of their cost, they would likely charge a cover for the more interesting fights. Is it worth it? Probably not.

Comment

Working...
                      X