Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Youw 40+ year old guys How good was the shooting game Contra back in your day?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

one of my greatest accomplishments in life was beating the game with my first life, after hours and hours and hours and hours...of playing it

'tantantantan Contraaaaa'

Comment

I'm 31, so....

Comment

Originally posted by phallus View Post
        it was a decent game, not my favorite shooter though. my favorite arcade shooter was a 1930's gangster game that was supposed to be in al capone's chicago, i can't remember what it was called. Polybius was pretty advanced for its time
        The gangster game was Empire City. I played the hell out of it in college.

Comment

I always played Midnight Resistance on the Commodore64. I thought it was the nuts but i think it was just a Contra clone.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by StarshipTrooper View Post
              The gangster game was Empire City. I played the hell out of it in college.
              i loved that game, i could finish it on one quarter. i'm glad there isn't a sim fir it, i'd probably be tempted to start playing it again. my favorite shooter ever

Comment

Originally posted by phallus View Post
                i loved that game, i could finish it on one quarter. i'm glad there isn't a sim fir it, i'd probably be tempted to start playing it again. my favorite shooter ever
                Yeah, I skipped a few classes because I had a hot hand more than once lol.

Comment

Originally posted by StarshipTrooper View Post
                  Yeah, I skipped a few classes because I had a hot hand more than once lol.
                  my favorite shooter for the desktop pc is delta force, it was as much fun looking through the crosshairs as empire city. i think i would have made a good sniper

Comment

I was born in 1988 and I loved playing Contra as a kid.

Was highly entertaining, and felt ahead of its time.

Comment

Originally posted by -MEGA- View Post
                      Up, up, down, down, left, right, a, b, b, a, select, start

Something along those lines
                      I know you had to press left-right twice, and I can't remember if it was A,B,B,A or A,B,A,B, then select for 2 player or just start for 1 player.

Comment

Working...
                      X