Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

GGG has a crap resume? What great wins did past MWs have by their 33rd fight?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PBP. View Post
    I would guess crap. But I wasn't alive to criticize them. Hopkins fought prime Roy. He shouldn't be listed.
    A fight that he lost, so yea he should be listed. Let's not forget Clinton ****ing Mitchell.

Comment

Where a fighter is at a certain point in their career is all relative. Sergio Martinez and Canelo Alvarez had many fights before any meaningful victories. Then you have Lomachenko who won a title in his 3rd pro fight. They're all still good fighters.

I can say GGG is a great fighter because of what I see him do in the ring. He's obliterating people who have never been obliterated. Daniel Geale? Never been stopped, was a world title holder and was demolished by GGG. Macklin? Arguably beat Sturm and gave Martinez all sorts of trouble, destroyed by GGG.

The list goes on. Everyone he has on his resume has given a great account for themselves before running into GGG.

Comment

Originally posted by icha View Post
        the problem is, he has 33 wins at 33yo, and still a crappy resume for that age... and i know he started late, but thats on him...
        How old was Hopkins on his 33rd fight?

Comment

Originally posted by Mr.Fantastic View Post
          A fight that he lost, so yea he should be listed. Let's not forget Clinton ****ing Mitchell.
          So....if GGG fought that caliber of fighter he would lose too. He won't even fight Ward who isn't on the same stratosphere.

Comment

Some boxers go well over a decade for that one great win.
            Pretty seldom I would say especially if you're at age 33.

Not impossible though.

Comment

And to add, which of those fighters were #4 pound for pound based on their resumes through 33 fights

Comment

this isnt the 1960s...

boxers last longer today because there are less fights and fighters are more protected.

hopkins didnt his prime till his what mid 30s? lower weight fighters like pacquiao and marquez usually dont last this long, but they are pst 35 and still fighting.

30 is the new 20.

Comment

He's exciting to watch. Fans love knock outs. Tyson did the same thing for a while. Meanwhile Wilder woke his opponents up off a park bench on fight night and told them to get in the ring.
                  GGG opponents arnt the best but they do have some substance. Oh... I cannot leave on that note. I must bring up Floyd as another example. He has good names on his record. But boring as fuk to watch. GGG>Floyd.
                  Last edited by PAC-BOY; 09-19-2015, 12:34 PM.

Comment

So....if GGG fought that caliber of fighter he would lose too. He won't even fight Ward who isn't on the same stratosphere.
                    You never know, styles makes fights. Ward isn't a MW. We're talking about MWs here.

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
                    Pretty seldom I would say especially if you're at age 33.

Not impossible though.
                    You see it more with Mexican boxers that start off young.

And to add, which of those fighters were #4 pound for pound based on their resumes through 33 fights
                    I'm not sure but if they were on the P4P list, it would be unfair to rank them that high right?

Comment

How old was Hopkins on his 33rd fight?
                      i seriously doubt that with gggs style he will be fighting at 50yo like hopkins, if he does then he can still reach a great status then...
                      the number of fights is relative in most cases, see loma, with like 3 or 4 fights has already had better opposition... then you have someone like chavez sr who is a great on my book, but his first 40 fights are nothing to note, but i can tell you at 30 he already had a legacy set... canelo is another example, even know he has some names like titere vazquez on his resume, his first 25 fights are not something to brag about, but if he continues like he is doing, by 30 he should have a bad-ass resume...

Comment

Working...
                      X