No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Morales, Barrera Urge That Canelo Must Beat GGG For Legacy

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DaBeastO View Post
    clenelo's legacy has taken a big hit and that will never go away. Those two failed PED tests will haunt and be a cloud over clenelo forever. even if he wins there will be doubt that he was clean. Once a cheater always a cheater. That's just the facts!
    What is Canelo's legacy as of right now? Beating Cotto and M. Hatton for a MW and Jr. MW title at a catch weights? Beating smaller fighters and past it never have beens?

Comment

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
      Canelo is doing year-round VADA testing.

If he wins the fight no one can say shit about PEDs at that point.
      Let's please dispense with this myth that even year round testing proves someone is clean! Getting caught once may only improve the diligence of the athlete not to get caught again! There are many ways for athletes to circumvent the testing procedures, the simplest being by using substances there is no test for, like Stem-cell injection or EPO's that clear from the system in less than a day.

Year round testing definitely improves the chances of catching athletes looking for an edge but by no means does it prove anyone is clean. Look no further than Lance Armstrong that for 10 years beat the system while undergoing one of the toughest testing programs out there. He was never caught, never tested dirty yet had the whistle blown by others on his team & eventually came clean that he'd been cheating the entire time. Look at the Russian Olympic scandal.

Bottom line is this; perhaps Canelo ate contaminated meat, perhaps he was cycling off or using clenbuterol at that time because he knew he'd have a built in excuse if it did somehow get caught, what better more convenient reason could one have? There will always be doubt now though, that is the issue. He can minimize the questions by continuing to test clean & stay enrolled in year-round testing, but those doubts will never go away because the system is not fool proof.

Skip to 3:00 mark

Even now, it’s still easy to [cheat]. Even now,” St-Pierre said recently during an appearance on The Joe Rogan Experience.

“Let’s say I want to have an injection of a product that will last in my body for two days or one day. So I know that particular day I cannot be tested, because if I am, I’m screwed. So I put on my [USADA] whereabouts [app] that I’m traveling to freakin’ Antarctica or anywhere, somewhere that is believable, and then I come back two days after. That substance will stay in my body for a certain period of time, but the effect of it will last maybe a month. And now we’re talking about performance enhancing drugs — people, they misunderstand this."

Victor Conte, Skip to 5:20

One way athletes appear to be circumventing the biological passports model is by small, frequent use of EPO. In 2011, Australian researchers found frequent micro-dosing allows athletes to use rhEPO without abnormal changes in the blood variables that are currently monitored by the athlete blood passport.

As the fight against doping continues, athletes appear to be continually searching for ways to elevate their performance and evade detection. The biological passport offers a great tool for limiting the practice of doping, but it seems that many athletes have already found ways to circumvent it.

Experts are increasingly concerned by the emergence of tailored steroids that are not only almost impossible to detect, but evolving so fast as to leave anti-doping authorities playing an endless game of cat-and-mouse. Yet the precise extent to which performance-enhancing designer drugs are being used in sport is unknown.

There's a wealth of info out there if you're really interested in learning some facts behind how athletes continue to beat the system...or you can stick your head in the sand & believe what you choose by not becoming informed.

Comment

he has to come and fight this time. for his legacy, he has to come and fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Nomadic View Post
          Damn, it's a shame to hear G career is at the end. The only big name that stands out on his resume is a PED'd Canelo. What a waste.
          Theres Ishida as well. You know, the fighter that KOd Kirkland in the 1 st round. Kirkland is one of Canelos best wins

Comment

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
            Canelo is doing year-round VADA testing.

If he wins the fight no one can say shit about PEDs at that point.
            you can't claim to be clean from "year round testing" when you only signed up for it 3 months ago.

Comment

Originally posted by S7V7N View Post
              Let's please dispense with this myth that even year round testing proves someone is clean! Getting caught once may only improve the diligence of the athlete not to get caught again! There are many ways for athletes to circumvent the testing procedures, the simplest being by using substances there is no test for, like Stem-cell injection or EPO's that clear from the system in less than a day.

Year round testing definitely improves the chances of catching athletes looking for an edge but by no means does it prove anyone is clean. Look no further than Lance Armstrong that for 10 years beat the system while undergoing one of the toughest testing programs out there. He was never caught, never tested dirty yet had the whistle blown by others on his team & eventually came clean that he'd been cheating the entire time. Look at the Russian Olympic scandal.

Bottom line is this; perhaps Canelo ate contaminated meat, perhaps he was cycling off or using clenbuterol at that time because he knew he'd have a built in excuse if it did somehow get caught, what better more convenient reason could one have? There will always be doubt now though, that is the issue. He can minimize the questions by continuing to test clean & stay enrolled in year-round testing, but those doubts will never go away because the system is not fool proof.

Skip to 3:00 mark

Even now, it’s still easy to [cheat]. Even now,” St-Pierre said recently during an appearance on The Joe Rogan Experience.

“Let’s say I want to have an injection of a product that will last in my body for two days or one day. So I know that particular day I cannot be tested, because if I am, I’m screwed. So I put on my [USADA] whereabouts [app] that I’m traveling to freakin’ Antarctica or anywhere, somewhere that is believable, and then I come back two days after. That substance will stay in my body for a certain period of time, but the effect of it will last maybe a month. And now we’re talking about performance enhancing drugs — people, they misunderstand this."

Victor Conte, Skip to 5:20

One way athletes appear to be circumventing the biological passports model is by small, frequent use of EPO. In 2011, Australian researchers found frequent micro-dosing allows athletes to use rhEPO without abnormal changes in the blood variables that are currently monitored by the athlete blood passport.

As the fight against doping continues, athletes appear to be continually searching for ways to elevate their performance and evade detection. The biological passport offers a great tool for limiting the practice of doping, but it seems that many athletes have already found ways to circumvent it.

Experts are increasingly concerned by the emergence of tailored steroids that are not only almost impossible to detect, but evolving so fast as to leave anti-doping authorities playing an endless game of cat-and-mouse. Yet the precise extent to which performance-enhancing designer drugs are being used in sport is unknown.

There's a wealth of info out there if you're really interested in learning some facts behind how athletes continue to beat the system...or you can stick your head in the sand & believe what you choose by not becoming informed.
              He's a Canelo apologist. He may or may not read all of that but he'll for sure defend Alvarez.

Comment

Mexicans backing Mexicans, nothing to see here.

Comment

Jeez, when did Erik Morales become a cruiserweight??? One of my favorite fighters of all-time.

Comment

Originally posted by filup79 View Post
                    What exact history is Canelo making that these fighters are talking about?
                    What the Mexican fighting legends are in fact saying is, that Canelo needs to prove that PEDs don't make a difference, by beating Golovkin clean.

Comment

Originally posted by filup79 View Post
                      Theres Ishida as well. You know, the fighter that KOd Kirkland in the 1 st round. Kirkland is one of Canelos best wins
                      So a Trout and Lara win mean nothing???

Comment

Working...
                      X