Collapse
No announcement yet.

My hilariously bad debut

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You are a very unique individual. It takes someone with a great attitude to show that clip. Good for you & Congratulations on raising money for such a worthy cause. Bravo!

Comment

I was disappointed the ring girl got edited out.

Comment

Originally posted by VegasMichael View Post
        You and me both!

Comment

Originally posted by Bing_ View Post
          Hi, here is a link to my charity boxing fight, I warn you, it's pretty uninspiring. I'm in the red shorts, blue top.

https://youtu.be/tX9lDKobvvI

I'd ask for advice based on the performance but Christ we'd be here a while.
          You needed to keep him off you with your jab, You just stood there waiting to get hit. You had no head movement. Your hands were not up. You need a lot of shadow sparring before you enter the ring again.

Comment

Originally posted by scbb View Post
            You needed to keep him off you with your jab, You just stood there waiting to get hit. You had no head movement. Your hands were not up. You need a lot of shadow sparring before you enter the ring again.
            I was thinking exactly the same thing regarding the holes in defense.

Comment

Yeah, id received two months training and had plenty of sparring. I have an eating disorder which meant I was seriously under weight for the fight and pretty drained. I felt I could get away with it at the time.

I would love to get back in there and perform to my full potential.
              Two months is absolutely nothing and not enough to learn the basics well enough either usually. Dont worry man. Did you like it? Want to do it again? Just continue training, have a good balanced diet and try to keep the motivation up. It takes a long time to learn things right, and I mean really right. You can also watch some guides, ie. from ExpertBoxing or others, but if you have a good coach, listen to him, observe others at the gym if there are pro's around. While its okay to look at youtube guides, dont rely on them TOO MUCH. Also, dont worry about finding your own style yet, first one needs to learn the basics, learn the punches and some footwork etc. Then one can start finding their own style of boxing

Again, 2 months is nothing so dont worry man. If you liked it and have the motivation, keep it up and train, train and train! Motivation can sometimes hard to keep, but watch some boxing matches or highlights / promos and try to keep yourself motivated, whatever works for you in the motivation field

These are just my ramblings, dont take them too seriously. But still. Dont give up if you like it. And one doesnt have to fight if you just want to keep it up as a hobby. And time will teach you if you train at a proper gym. I had my first amateur match (MMA) after few months of training as well. I looked horrible, but truth to be told, I havent looked good in a single one of my bouts, I might be the worst amateur fighter of all time! 1-3 MMA, 1-3 submission wrestling ,kek. So again, what do I know? But I hope you find your way man

E: I hope you can recover from your eating disorder, I used to fight at under 65kg, nowadays im a fatass, but after 4 years im getting back at MMA training and want to have some amateur fights at boxing and kickboxing too at some point. But anyway, I was very weak sometimes because of dropping weight, so I really hope you can get that thing going on better and more healthy, you will notice a difference yourself by then too
              Last edited by Disturbed; 06-25-2018, 04:49 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Disturbed View Post
                Two months is absolutely nothing and not enough to learn the basics well enough either usually. Dont worry man. Did you like it? Want to do it again? Just continue training, have a good balanced diet and try to keep the motivation up. It takes a long time to learn things right, and I mean really right. You can also watch some guides, ie. from ExpertBoxing or others, but if you have a good coach, listen to him, observe others at the gym if there are pro's around. While its okay to look at youtube guides, dont rely on them TOO MUCH. Also, dont worry about finding your own style yet, first one needs to learn the basics, learn the punches and some footwork etc. Then one can start finding their own style of boxing

Again, 2 months is nothing so dont worry man. If you liked it and have the motivation, keep it up and train, train and train! Motivation can sometimes hard to keep, but watch some boxing matches or highlights / promos and try to keep yourself motivated, whatever works for you in the motivation field

These are just my ramblings, dont take them too seriously. But still. Dont give up if you like it. And one doesnt have to fight if you just want to keep it up as a hobby. And time will teach you if you train at a proper gym. I had my first amateur match (MMA) after few months of training as well. I looked horrible, but truth to be told, I havent looked good in a single one of my bouts, I might be the worst amateur fighter of all time! 1-3 MMA, 1-3 submission wrestling ,kek. So again, what do I know? But I hope you find your way man

E: I hope you can recover from your eating disorder, I used to fight at under 65kg, nowadays im a fatass, but after 4 years im getting back at MMA training and want to have some amateur fights at boxing and kickboxing too at some point. But anyway, I was very weak sometimes because of dropping weight, so I really hope you can get that thing going on better and more healthy, you will notice a difference yourself by then too
                Thanks man, really appreciated. Yes I really enjoyed it despite the benny hill comedy going on. I registered to fight again in September.

The eating i find so hard. I really need to find a way of getting calories into my basic diet which is actually really well balanced just dangerously low cal.

Anyway this thread definitely got the desired effect, it's fired me up to go again so thanks for all the positive and constructive comments.

Comment

Thanks haha. I'm undecided wether t go again or not. Need something to focus on
                  Listen Bing:

There is a popular martial art site where they enourage people to get out there and then give them props...I usually do not agree with this attitude because inevitably these people given props think they are "able" by virtue of effort.

In your case I think you deserve props...you went in there and make no allusions of granduer. It takes a lot of courage to get a feel for something like combat.

Don't mind the derision, if you really want you can achieve more as a fighter...you took a giant leap forward. When I started karate training, as a young tough guy from New York, I lasted a few minutes the first day, went home bruised....a few more minutes the next day, and for that week my job was to show how much abuse I would take... And I turned into a pretty good martial artist! And you did a hell of a lot better than me!!!

Comment

Originally posted by VegasMichael View Post
                    Thats because after every round the girl would drop the card and make the sign of the cross and point towards the poster's corner and let a tear drop!!!

hey OP I wasn't gonna let you off scott free now!!

Comment

Thanks man, really appreciated. Yes I really enjoyed it despite the benny hill comedy going on. I registered to fight again in September.

The eating i find so hard. I really need to find a way of getting calories into my basic diet which is actually really well balanced just dangerously low cal.

Anyway this thread definitely got the desired effect, it's fired me up to go again so thanks for all the positive and constructive comments.
                      September is already very close by, but you might see some improvements already by then! Keep training man, you will improve over time. Everyone is different of course, some people are naturals, some people have fighting instincts and some people learn faster, no matter what it is, sports, physics, problem solving etc. But as long as you keep training, you will improve and learn

I like your attitude and I hope you will get your eating sorted out. Have you tried eating peanuts by the way? they are small but can have significant amount of calories so at least in my opinion they are easy to eat and get the calories in

Comment

Working...
                      X