No announcement yet.

Been feeling down and out lately

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DARKSEID View Post
    You just keep proving what I already know and what I've been saying that you are talking completely out of your ass by linking me that article you googled and didn't read or understand.

That lists the physical symptoms of someone with depression.

The mind affects the body. We already know that.

What I challenged you to present is that depression has a root neurological cause, of which there is no evidence in that article you googled and didn't read.
    If this doesnt explain that depression is linked to neurological issues (its from the same website) I guess you won...

In the last decade, multiple investigator groups have identified structural changes of various neuroanatomic structures in patients with idiopathic major depression and bipolar disorders. Using high-resolution MRI of the brain and functional neuroimaging studies (i.e., PET, SPECT), researchers have described decreases in the volume of hippocampal formation, amygdala, entorhinal cortex, various frontal lobe structures, and basal ganglia, in addition to abnormal cerebral blood flow and metabolic activity in these structures as well as in thalamic nuclei. Similar structural and functional changes have been identified in patients with depression associated with a variety of neurologic disorders (i.e., stroke, Parkinson's disease, epilepsy, Alzheimer's dementia). In addition, recent data have shown that depression is a risk factor for the development of several neurologic disorders, including epilepsy, stroke, and Parkinson's disease and bears a negative impact on the course and outcome of most neurologic disorders. This article reviews these data and provides evidence that major depressive and bipolar disorders may in fact be neurologic disorders with psychiatric symptoms.

Comment

Originally posted by Boxfan83 View Post
      If this doesnt explain that depression is linked to neurological issues (its from the same website) I guess you won...

In the last decade, multiple investigator groups have identified structural changes of various neuroanatomic structures in patients with idiopathic major depression and bipolar disorders. Using high-resolution MRI of the brain and functional neuroimaging studies (i.e., PET, SPECT), researchers have described decreases in the volume of hippocampal formation, amygdala, entorhinal cortex, various frontal lobe structures, and basal ganglia, in addition to abnormal cerebral blood flow and metabolic activity in these structures as well as in thalamic nuclei. Similar structural and functional changes have been identified in patients with depression associated with a variety of neurologic disorders (i.e., stroke, Parkinson's disease, epilepsy, Alzheimer's dementia). In addition, recent data have shown that depression is a risk factor for the development of several neurologic disorders, including epilepsy, stroke, and Parkinson's disease and bears a negative impact on the course and outcome of most neurologic disorders. This article reviews these data and provides evidence that major depressive and bipolar disorders may in fact be neurologic disorders with psychiatric symptoms.
      Not only did you not read the article, you didnt read your own post.

Your own post is listing the neurological disorders that could possibly be affected by depression.

We're not talking about depression being linked to neurological disorders, we're talking about the physical origin of depression.

Comment

Cheer up bishass hoe......

..........thats literally all the advice i have

Comment

Here let me break it down in the most simplistic way possible, and then i can log off from this lol...

A person with a perfectly balanced brain can see his life as total **** and be a coward and a weakling.

A person with an unhealthy brain can look at his life and be like, you know what nothing is going to bring me down, im going to keep fighting and winninh until I die.

Because psychology. Is. All. In. Your. Head.

Get it now? Good night.

Comment

Not only did you not read the article, you didnt read your own post.

Your own post is listing the neurological disorders that could possibly be affected by depression.
            Apparently you didnt read the article because if you did, its says plain as day, "In the last decade, multiple investigator groups have identified structural changes of various neuroanatomic structures in patients with idiopathic major depression and bipolar disorders".

I mean I guess I dont understand your question but you keep changing it to try to be right. You wanted me to link depression to neurology and I did. Again, we all get down in the dumps sometimes but there are people out there that have UNCONTROLLABLE disorders and thats what I originally began to ask TS because he could be bipolar. And if you think telling a bipolar person to "man up" is going to work again I laugh. And if you think bipolar or people with idiopathic major depression dont have a neurological disorder, I really dont know what to say other than good luck in school.

Comment

Yeah go cry more dude. I'm not the one with the shltty life

Good luck with all that.
              I may feel a little depressed, but your asian, thats lije 10 times worse. And also remember u saying u got molested by your dad when ur were little so no matter what, youll never get your manhood back

Comment

Originally posted by boxingfan91 View Post
                I may feel a little depressed, but your asian, thats lije 10 times worse. And also remember u saying u got molested by your dad when ur were little so no matter what, youll never get your manhood back
                Hes Asian? Damn maybe I shouldnt have argued with him about science and health, hes was probably right, his mom and dad are probably neurosurgeons lol!

Comment

Originally posted by boxingfan91 View Post
                  When you look as good as I do, make as much money as I make and are as smart as I am, depression isn't something you worry about

If it's manhood you want to see, I gave you my name, my address and my number.

Give me yours because I have something for you.

Comment

When you look as good as I do, make as much money as I make and are as smart as I am, depression isn't something you worry about

Lol you like u weigh 110 lbs, and plus u never gave me ****. I told where I was when u supposedly was coming to texas

Comment

[IMG]

via GIPHY

[/IMG]

Comment

Working...
                      X