No announcement yet.

If Canelo bests Jacobs in a close competitive fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Curt Henning View Post
    dont u think its fair, though, to give canelo more credit for this fight than giving golovkin for his fight with jacobs?

i mean...facts are that canelo already had compiled a better resume at age 27 than golovkin....even before canelo fought golovkin twice he had a better resume than golovkin....now consider canelos age....the fact that golovkin was considered, at worst, a top 3 p4p guy...unbeaten.....and he fought him twice and is now taking on jacobs....

we cant assume everything is even....this fight just adds more meat/beef(lol get it) to canelos already impressive resume....for golovkin it was the first hole punched on a very thin one
    Says a long time top 10 GGG hater. How in the hell does Canelo have a better resume than GGG? Canelo lost almost every round to the smaller Mayweather. Fighting and beating great fighters helps a boxer's resume. Getting their ass soundly kicked by a great fighter hurts their resume. GGG had 23 KOs in a row. Did Canelo? Hell no. GGG had 20 successful title defenses in a row. Did Canelo. No. GGG beat Jacobs and Jacobs would be a huge favorite to beat any fighter Canelo fought prior to GGG. Other fighters GGG knocked out like Lemieux and Murray could probably beat anybody Canelo fought prior to fighting GGG. Canelo's wins over Lara and Trout are debated by many although I think Canelo deserved those wins. GGG would have been a huge favorite to destroy Trout and beat Lara. GGG's accomplishments and undefeated record with all those KOs and title defenses is far more impressive than Canelo's record of very close wins and a lopsided loss to a smaller boxer. I know you will start that BS about GGG only fighting bums. What about Canelo? He got a world title belt at 154 by beating Hatton's lousy little brother at a catchweight FFS. He fought the very old Mosley and many very lousy boxers. By far the best part of Canelo's resume is a draw and a razor thin split decision win over GGG in Canelo loving Vegas on shows put on by Canelo's promoter. You make a big deal of Canelo doing so much at 27 but we all know Canelo turned pro at 15 and has had many more pro fights than GGG who got off to a late start.

Comment

Originally posted by Curt Henning View Post
      dont u think its fair, though, to give canelo more credit for this fight than giving golovkin for his fight with jacobs?

i mean...facts are that canelo already had compiled a better resume at age 27 than golovkin....even before canelo fought golovkin twice he had a better resume than golovkin....now consider canelos age....the fact that golovkin was considered, at worst, a top 3 p4p guy...unbeaten.....and he fought him twice and is now taking on jacobs....

we cant assume everything is even....this fight just adds more meat/beef(lol get it) to canelos already impressive resume....for golovkin it was the first hole punched on a very thin one
      So by your strange twisted Canelo loving GGG hating logic Canelo should get more credit than GGG for beating Jacobs than GGG who beat a younger bigger better Jacobs than Canelo will fight. You are fuking unbelievable. I love both GGG and Canelo. GGG isn't Mr. bumbeater and Canelo isn't Mr. perfect boxer.

Comment

Originally posted by boliodogs View Post
        So by your strange twisted Canelo loving GGG hating logic Canelo should get more credit than GGG for beating Jacobs than GGG who beat a younger bigger better Jacobs than Canelo will fight. You are fuking unbelievable. I love both GGG and Canelo. GGG isn't Mr. bumbeater and Canelo isn't Mr. perfect boxer.
        His logic is incredibly stupid, but this is NSB we are talking about. The posters here are either trolls, closet racists, and/or go scorched earth policy as soon as someone threatens their favorite fighter.

Comment

Canelo would K.O Jacobs.

Comment

I'm torn on the answer. Obviously the bigger slightly younger Jacobs is a tougher out but Jacobs at 170 is a very respectable win. Certainly Canelo will deserve props for winning, if he does, but flexing his A-side muscle again to gain an advantage grates on me somewhat.

Comment

Originally posted by boliodogs View Post
              im not some big canelo fan guy....i think hes one of the top p4p fighters obviously...hes good....but im not some huge canelo groupie...there have been other fighters of the last 10 years i love much more

its just common sense...jacobs added to canelos resume just adds to an already impressive one....for golovkin is what the first real notch on his.....and compare ages and overall resumes? not even close

you are just as bad with the felating of golovkin....just once try to face reality...you got sold on golovkin and hes not what you bought...hes a good fighter...but hes not great....his resume is not good at all either

you wanna tell me u think he beat canelo the first time? ill listen......you wanna tell me he beat him the 2nd time? ill laugh....you try to tell me golovkin won easily either time? ill look at u as a nut guzzling groupie....its just so far from reality....but then again thats where you gggroupies live

im not saying "oh if canelo wins we have to give more credit to canelo than we did golovkin"....im saying look at age...overall career and resume.....a win over jacobs will do more for canelos resume and standing than it did for golovkins in the long run

Comment

Originally posted by SniXSniPe View Post
                His logic is incredibly stupid, but this is NSB we are talking about. The posters here are either trolls, closet racists, and/or go scorched earth policy as soon as someone threatens their favorite fighter.
                explain how the logic is stupid

who is younger? who has the better resume right now?

canelo....easily.....so adding jacobs to it only adds more meat to canelos resume.....jacobs was the first real test on golovkins......its simple really

im not saying give canelo more credit if he wins...im saying it does more to beef up canelos already impressive resume.....and canelo is only 28.....where jacobs was the first decent test on golovkins into his 30s

Comment

Working...
                X