Comments Thread For: Promoter: Usyk Can Face Ortiz, Povetkin or Lebedev

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by champion4ever View Post
    He clipped him!
    That's how you handle being stalked by a tortoise!

Comment

No doubt about it; I agree. The irony in all of these British fans clamoring for a Usyk/Ortiz fight is that they piss their pants at the mere mentioning of Joshua challenging Ortiz for the title or Whyte challenging Ortiz for the WBC title eliminator. They come up with every excuse in the book. However, they are willing to sacrifice the career of a naturally smaller man moving up in weight to challenge the bogeyman of the division. In other words, they rate Usyk higher than both Joshua and Whyte combined and he is technically still a Cruiserweight.
      Lol . The nerve of you. Why is he still referred to as the bogeyman, I just don’t get it. He beats up fighters that shouldn’t be in the ring with him. The first time he stepped up on the opponent front he was left with snot all over his face and concussion for a week.

https://goo.gl/images/VUJSBZ....... bogeyman where?? Lololololol

Comment

• Originally posted by kafkod View Post
        Nobody is coming up with excuses for AJ and Whyte not fighting Ortiz because none are needed.

Ortiz would have had his mandatory shot at AJ by now if he hadn't decided to go after Wilder instead.

Whyte actually asked Hearn to match him with Ortiz when Luis was signed with Matchroom, but Hearn turned him down. And he was ready and willing to fight him in a real final eliminator, with the winner getting his shot at the title, but that wasn't what the WBC wanted.
        Listen, these are the facts; Ortiz became Joshua's WBA mandatory challenger around the same time that Pulev became his IBF mandatory challenger. When Pulev pulled out of the bout Joshua had his chance at Ortiz then but yet he chose to circumvent/dodge him by fighting Carlos Takam instead; Which forced Deontay Wilder to offer him a voluntary defense of his WBC title.

Also, the last I checked April 13 is still open. If Joshua still wants him then he can get him. King Kong isn't hard to find. No one knows this better than Dillian Whyte.

The WBC made him and Ortiz an offer to challenge for the second mandatory spot to Deontay Wilder's title. He refused and ducked him by challenging Joseph Parker instead.

In addition, he called out Ortiz again for the December 22 bout and when King Kong called his bluff and agreed to fly to the U.K. On that date to fight him he went awkwardly silent and ducked him again. So what does that say about Ortiz? It says that he is feared among his peers.

Comment

That's how you handle being stalked by a tortoise!
          If the tortoise was larger it would have chewed him up

Comment

• Originally posted by Noelanthony View Post
            Lol . The nerve of you. Why is he still referred to as the bogeyman, I just don’t get it. He beats up fighters that shouldn’t be in the ring with him. The first time he stepped up on the opponent front he was left with snot all over his face and concussion for a week.

https://goo.gl/images/VUJSBZ....... bogeyman where?? Lololololol
            You tell me. I don't know. I do know that Dillian Whyte ducked him twice in a single calendar of 2018. First, when the WBC ordered a title elimination bout for Wilder's second mandatory defense, he ducked him then by fighting Joseph Parker instead and lastly when he called King Kong out for that December 22 date; Ortiz accepted the challenge by calling his bluff and then he went silent by ducking him again to fight Dereck Chisora. I don't understand why he is so feared on the other side of the pond.

Comment

Listen, these are the facts; Ortiz became Joshua's WBA mandatory challenger around the same time that Pulev became his IBF mandatory challenger. When Pulev pulled out of the bout Joshua had his chance at Ortiz then but yet he chose to circumvent/dodge him by fighting Carlos Takam instead; Which forced Deontay Wilder to offer him a voluntary defense of his WBC title.
              That's absolute nonsense.

Ortiz was mandatory challenger for the WBA title. Pulev was already AJ's IBF mando before he even won the WBA belt. That's why the WBA postponed ordering AJ vs Ortiz until after AJ had fought Pulev. When Pulev withdrew injured the IBF replaced him with Takam, so Takam then became AJ's IBF mando.

And how the heck did any of that "force" Wilder to offer Ortiz a voluntary?

Comment

And how the heck did any of that "force" Wilder to offer Ortiz a voluntary?
                To show up and one up AJ.

Comment

Working...
                X