Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Picked myself up another Rolex today as an early Xmas gift - what you bums think?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by //// View Post
    what kind of nerd wears a watch
    Every gentleman must have a proper shoes, belt, and a timepiece.

I personally do not like accessories on my body but I do own those items.

I do like to stay low and understated so in public, you might catch me in a $100 G Shock watch lol.

Comment

Originally posted by MinuteMaid5
      Dude, your not Floyd Mayweather
      I dont give a sht how much money he has, I would never trade places with floyd mayweather. Im good

Comment

Nice watch. I'm a watch collector. I'd rather get a Rootbeer GMT rather than a Yachtmaster though but that's just me.

Tag's are crap except the Monaco. They claim in-house yet they reverse engineer Seiko movements and admit it charging £££££ in the process. I own several watches but my Omega Speedmaster is my favourite of all of them.

Here's my actual Speedmaster:

Last edited by MeiXiang; 12-25-2018, 12:10 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by MeiXiang View Post
          Nice watch. I'm a watch collector. I'd rather get a Rootbeer GMT rather than a Yachtmaster though but that's just me.

Tag's are crap except the Monaco. They claim in-house yet they reverse engineer Seiko movements and admit it charging £££££ in the process. I own several watches but my Omega Speedmaster is my favourite of all of them.

Here's my actual Speedmaster:

No way, Tag especially mine a caliber 16 is more accurate and sturdy than a lot of Rolex models

Comment

Originally posted by abracada View Post
            No way, Tag especially mine a caliber 16 is more accurate and sturdy than a lot of Rolex models
            Calibre 16 is a cloned ETA 7750. While it's robust it's not in-house. Any Rolex movement > any Tag movement. I mean it's a pretty popular movement. Even my Omega has a 7750 variation but with an added column wheel. But anyway - Rolex movements are better than Tags (no denying).

Heuer made some pretty cool watches back in the day. They went to ***** when they merged with Tag.

Rolex's Daytona is actually a cloned Zenith El Primero movement. That's a fact but not many people know that except for watch enthusiasts like myself. The result is Rolex will charge you £13K for a Daytona and Zenith will charge you £5K for their El Primero even though the latter was the first ever automatic chronograph.
            Last edited by MeiXiang; 12-25-2018, 04:43 PM.

Comment

The Yachtmaster does not hold its value well. Submariners, Seadwellers, Daytona’s would be the choice in terms of value retention. Actually the watch I would love to purchase would be a new old stock Seadweller. The one they discontinued prior to the new version. It’s a smaller watch without a ceramic insert but highly collectible.

Comment

Originally posted by Pretty Boy32 View Post

None of you sub $200k bums can afford this shit? LMAO! Have a great Xmas

You have small feminine wrists.

Work out more dude.

Comment

Originally posted by Pretty Boy32 View Post

None of you sub $200k bums can afford this shit? LMAO! Have a great Xmas
                  That's a fake. And you have fat parents.

Comment

Originally posted by Terryb View Post
                    That's a fake. And you have fat parents.
                    Alt of Larry TBear

Comment

Come to think of it. PrettyBoy32, thought you were black?

Comment

Working...
                      X