No announcement yet.

DAZN is going down a dangerous path.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
    Like who? What fighters on their rosters were headlining and getting good ratings before they signed to DAZN?

People can find that stuff on youtube. And it costs money for them to fly out to fighters camp. Film, produce, edit. A guy with a Youtube channel in NY can got to Miller's gym and get footage and have it up on youtube the same night

Joshua for sure. Jacobs did pretty good ratings on hbo. They got Usyk. They got entertaining vets like rosado and rios.

True they can but DAZN is gonna have to do something to keep the audiences attention when there is no fights. HBO did it with countdowns, jim lampleys show, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by Southpawology View Post
      True they can but DAZN is gonna have to do something to keep the audiences attention when there is no fights. HBO did it with countdowns, jim lampleys show, etc.
      HBO did it with Sorpranos, Game of Thrones, Oz, The Wire

You gotta have something else besides boxing every other weekend to keep people signed up. I keep hearing people talk about a new MLB show they've gotten. The average age of a baseball fan is higher than boxing. Good luck getting them to learn how to download the app and stream it to their TV's. These are the type of people who still buy newspapers

Comment

HBO did it with Sorpranos, Game of Thrones, Oz, The Wire

You gotta have something else besides boxing every other weekend to keep people signed up. I keep hearing people talk about a new MLB show they've gotten. The average age of a baseball fan is higher than boxing. Good luck getting them to learn how to download the app and stream it to their TV's. These are the type of people who still buy newspapers
        I agree with you there. DAZN's marketing team is gonna have to come up with a way to keep their subscribers with them.

Comment

Originally posted by Vegemil View Post
          Seems like they think I’ll keep paying to watch their ****ty mismatches because it’s cheap. So far the Miller card was all mismatches, the Canelo card was all mismatches, and this Andrade card is about to be a huge mismatch as well. AJ will probably fight Whyte or Miller in 2019 which will be another huge mismatch on..... DAZN. The future of cherrypicking.
          Originally posted by EasternEuroFan View Post
          Well that's what i've been saying

You can't say it's a great service because it's cheap. It has to be cheap AND provide quality content that people want to see.

Netflix is value for money because they provide content people want, Spotify too. If they only provided rubbish that nobody is interested in, nobody would be saying it's worth it, even if it's still cheap.

It seems like they're marketing it on being a small amount per month, but that's all.

I hope it succeeds because if they do provide quality, then it would be a bargain for boxing fans but as it stands right now, they're just providing mismatches.
          Originally posted by deanrw View Post
          The only fight on that card I was interested in last night was Lemieux vs Johnson. We knew going in the rest of the fights were pure garbage. Then Lemieux could not control his fat levels LOL.
          Originally posted by chrisJS View Post
          They aren’t as bad as PBC but it’s been grim so far.
          Originally posted by The3 View Post
          DAZN better get some American boxers in there, ESPN is killing DAZN
          Originally posted by KTFOKING View Post
          The WBSS has provided some solid match ups but if that is going away after season 2, then DAZN definitely takes a hit. A good match up they were going to provide was Andrade vs BJS but obviously we know what happened there. Usyk/Bellew was solid and so was Joshua/Povetkin. I trust GBP to put on some good cards, but the upcoming schedule really isn't anything to get excited for either. Hearn seems to feel he can put multiple names on a card and sell that, even though the names are fighting no hopers. Look at Linares fighting Cano on the January 18 card. To be fair, Miller/Bryan isn't bad at all but the rest will be mismatches.

They need to sign GGG badly and get him a marquee fight against Andrade or Jacobs or even Canelo. Putting on Canelo/Lemieux like they were supposedly planning isn't going to get it done. Farmer keeps fighting in mismatches and he has another one in March. Meh.
          Originally posted by sicko View Post
          If you want people to keep their subscriptions you have to give them a reason to do so and right now DAZN just doesn't have enough and no Canelo is not enough because he only fights 2-3 times a year so people can just Subscribe and Unsubscribe when they do show good fights.

Wasn't a good 1st Impression for Casual Fans! We the Hardcore Boxing Fans will watch no matter what but this APP doesn't work with just Fickle Hardcore Boxing Fans Support Only. Hopefully that make some upgrades because it is a Nice APP with the POTENTIAL to be something great they just don't have the content right now. No, just signing more boxers doesn't fix it, they need more CONTENT, more popular SPORTS to draw in more Casual Sports Fans
          Originally posted by Southpawology View Post
          LOL DAZN is literally in their infancy stages give it time people.

Comment

I hope it happens

Comment

Great News! However, does the Casual Sports fans who only know Canelo and only signed up for Canelo keep paying $9.99 until May? Not Likely! Again this APP is GREAT for us the Hardcore boxing fans but it also needs Casuals to Buy In as well to be "sustainable" and that is the challenge how do you keep those fans even when it is not a big boxing event on the App

Comment

We need to add a like button to every post on the forum, Example

Comment

DAZN is not only about boxing, doe.

Much like Showtime, HBO, ESPN, Fox, etc.

Soccer is huge all over the world, except 'merika.

They're doing fine over all, don't worry.

Comment

If that's going down then I'm on board. Give me at LEAST one interesting fight every 2-3 months and I'll suck DAZN dry.

Comment

Originally posted by Vegemil View Post
                      If that's going down then I'm on board. Give me at LEAST one interesting fight every 2-3 months and I'll suck DAZN dry.
                      I think it happens. Jacobs has no real reason to still be with Hearn but they were both in the ring together last night. I think Hooker vs Linares is planned.

Comment

Working...
                      X