No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Wilder-Fury Fight Should Max Out At 325,000 PPV Buys

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by STREET CLEANER View Post
    A lot people here were hoping it flopped to support their agenda instead of supporting the sport.

Trash ppv events are the ones that Pac is lately in
    Ppv would have raised to 700+ if the price was lower than that. But nevertheless, it's a good number.
    The rematch will be even higher I believe.

Comment

I’m surprised it didn’t do more. It’s the first ppv I’ve bought in years. I haven’t been buying Floyd’s garbage for awhile. I would have bought the first Canelo-ggg fight but stuff came up and then the rematch wasn’t a big deal to me. If these two run it back and they have an undercard like this one or better I’ll be buying the next fight as well.

Comment

Well it’s been in the news that Fury is donating his £8m purse to charity, and that was well before any PPV numbers were announced so that should give some indication of what he got.

Comment

Originally posted by moochi View Post
          Only Canelo? Why aren't ppl saying only GGG?

Canelo vs Liam Smith did how many buys? I think it was 200k.

Reality is PPVs only sell well if there are 2 stars, and the only person who creates massive revenue irrespective of who he fights is AJ.
          Lol only because the brits will blindly support their muscle bound crumpet Joshua (the 4th best hw) while the men fight. Can he beat jarrell Miller and retain the 4th spot behind Ortiz? Or will he refight whyte? We aren’t sure but he is hiding behind Eddie Hearns skirt to avoid the big bad top 3 heavyweights

Comment

Originally posted by filup79 View Post
            Canelo only drew those numbers with Chavez Jr., GGG and Floyd. Against the likes of Khan and Smith, he does around 300-600k PPVs.
            True. But Chavev Jr was a joke. And he still sold 1mm. Guy can sell no question.

Comment

Originally posted by joe strong View Post
              If you watched the fight I'm sure you would have heard the listed attendance at 17600 & change. They announced it several times throughout the broadcast. I looked it up & it said 20000 for other sporting events. 19067 for basketball & 18340 for hockey. Regardless you have 2300-3300 empty seats. That is noticeable for sure.
              The entire seating arrangement was not opened for this event. They used a smaller seating arrangement which is why they had to release 1k tickets when demand grew as the fight got closer. You have to find out what was the seating limit for the arrangement they used to figure out how close it was to a sell out. It's similar to his reported sell out of Barclays, Wilder didn't sell out the entire venue, he sold out the seating arrangement.

Comment

Horrible numbers

Comment

Originally posted by moochi View Post
                  Only Canelo? Why aren't ppl saying only GGG?

Canelo vs Liam Smith did how many buys? I think it was 200k.

Reality is PPVs only sell well if there are 2 stars, and the only person who creates massive revenue irrespective of who he fights is AJ.
                  Lets be real here. U.S. PPV is almost 3 times European PPV. U.S. gate for a venue earns more than an arena in the UK (by Hearns own admission). Then you can amplify all that and increase it because it's Canelo. Now we look at what happens in Vegas during a big fight. The entire strip is immersed in fight week and the money and the people flood in like nothing you've ever seen. Don't forget, there is no place in the world that beats the U.S. in add revenue. AJ generates more fight revenue than Canelo? LOL you must be a comedian. Oh and I even forgot to mention revenue from other countries, namely Mexico. You guys really seem to not comprehend that there is no comparison to the U.S. It's a whole different ball game.

Comment

I am glad this was not a flop

I don't know is 325,000 PPV for the first time headlining one in the USA is good, but I am glad that was not a flop. Before people bash me, I am going to say this area is my weak point and there are certain things I don't understand about this. I thought that the guarantee money from Wilder was $14 million and $10 million for Tyson Fury. I am in confuse here, they are getting less? Because they said they break even with only 250,000 PPV in USA. Anyway, as you can see, I am lost here in this topic.

Comment

From what I have heard that does not include UK buys or streams.
                      What about the movie theaters that aired it?

Comment

Working...
                      X