Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: WBC Prez: Adonis Stevenson Must Face Gvozdyk, But...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So Sulaiman is enforcing the mandatory, but not really...? What’s the joke?

Comment

"He must face ... but if there is a direct request ..." LOL, it sounds like the WBC are full of crap!

Comment

Originally posted by minemax View Post
        "He must face ... but if there is a direct request ..." LOL, it sounds like the WBC are full of crap!
        Exactly. Sulaiman is “enforcing” it, but not really.

Comment

No brainer. The winner faces the mandatory but there was no winner. If a rematch is agreed then the rematch takes precedents but if not then the mandatory is enforced.

Comment

Originally posted by Bobby Shaw View Post
            No brainer. The winner faces the mandatory but there was no winner. If a rematch is agreed then the rematch takes precedents but if not then the mandatory is enforced.
            Exactly, unfortunately (because personally I would prefer the Gvozdyk fight)... But the WBC still can help the situation by setting adequate time limits. Because we all know quite well how "often" Stevenson prefers to fight...

Comment

basically if they are bribed with enough money a rematch will happen

so rematch will happen

i would rather see a rematch

Comment

Fat piece of **** Sulaiman at it again.

Comment

Originally posted by sammybee View Post
                  Age has caught up with Stevenson and that is the reality.

He looked exhausted by the 12th round.
                  Only time will tell how long he would continue to hold on to the WBC belt.
                  I actually think fighting more than once every 10-13 months would help Stevenson. He was active and still effective for most of the first 7-8 rounds (Jack getting busy was more of a factor in Stevenson losing middle rounds) and when he gassed he STILL was throwing with enough power to hurt Jack in the later rounds, he just couldn't follow up. I don't think that happens if age really has gotten to him. "Old" fighters tend to want to do things in the ring and simply can't from the first bell on. He needs to be in better "boxing shape", which only sparring and activity can do. Fight again later this year, and then twice a year barring injury. I think he has 2-3 decent years left in his tank, although I see him losing soon just due to improved 175 competition.

Comment

Let him fight Gvozdyk and then have the winner face Jack.

Comment

Originally posted by Bobby Shaw View Post
                      Yeppers. Although I think I have actually warmed up to the Gvozdyk match-up and would rather see it, Badou Jack flat deserves the rematch. Then all you need is the WBC to follow through on a ruling. For once.

Side note: Anyone besides me sick of draws? Why not just go to odd number rounds? Just seems so anti-climatic and just bad for the sport.

Comment

Working...
                      X