Collapse
No announcement yet.

Old legends and padded records

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

reloaded...................You should read what Ali had to say about Robinson and how he patterned his style after Sugar Rays.
    The 100 "lesser" opponents you speak is from the FACT that there was no TV, ppv or closed circuit so your income came from fighting "live shows"!
    I won't waste my time listing the "high level" opponents he fought (most multiple times) if you don't know them I really don't want to talk to you!

Tell me about "your" eye test? Where did you learn your knowledge of the sport? What trainer trained you? What gym are you from?

"Also it stands to reason that every sporting record has been broken by modern athletes"....BS!
    read about Babe Ruth, he could pitch a 5 hit shut out and clobber 2 home runs in the same game. He still holds World Series PITCHING records! He didn't pitch since 1925!
    read about Johnny Westmuller who held swimming records for 75 years!
    read about Babe Zahares who held womans golf records to date...
    read about Wilt Chamberlain and his amateur & pro career records.....

bxineXpert..hey DUDE Walcott was close to prime Louis was out of his prime far longer, if you knew your history you'd know why Louis was in the ring at that time.
    Planted is how you throw with power, todays fighters never plant and transfer weight because they don't know how to. They NEVER punch with their opponents in fear of what might happen!
    Hey eXpert who taught you about boxing? What gym are you from? How many fighters have you trained. Where do you share your knowledge, besides here!

Ray

Comment

Jimmy Wilde

Comment

Originally posted by Ray Corso View Post
        reloaded...................You should read what Ali had to say about Robinson and how he patterned his style after Sugar Rays.
        The 100 "lesser" opponents you speak is from the FACT that there was no TV, ppv or closed circuit so your income came from fighting "live shows"!
        I won't waste my time listing the "high level" opponents he fought (most multiple times) if you don't know them I really don't want to talk to you!

Tell me about "your" eye test? Where did you learn your knowledge of the sport? What trainer trained you? What gym are you from?

"Also it stands to reason that every sporting record has been broken by modern athletes"....BS!
        read about Babe Ruth, he could pitch a 5 hit shut out and clobber 2 home runs in the same game. He still holds World Series PITCHING records! He didn't pitch since 1925!
        read about Johnny Westmuller who held swimming records for 75 years!
        read about Babe Zahares who held womans golf records to date...
        read about Wilt Chamberlain and his amateur & pro career records.....

bxineXpert..hey DUDE Walcott was close to prime Louis was out of his prime far longer, if you knew your history you'd know why Louis was in the ring at that time.
        Planted is how you throw with power, todays fighters never plant and transfer weight because they don't know how to. They NEVER punch with their opponents in fear of what might happen!
        Hey eXpert who taught you about boxing? What gym are you from? How many fighters have you trained. Where do you share your knowledge, besides here!

Ray
        Good old ray playing the"WHO TRAINED YOU CARD" like that is needed to make anything validated ! This isnt the history section where your little cult of around 4 will back you.....

Comment

Everyone who knows anything about anything has a teacher (s) except you of course who knows everything and nothing at the same time!

my daddys is a world wide judo expert.....
          my uncle (no name) trained Bowe.........
          I knocked out a Wlad sparring partner.........

yes lil' juggy you did all those things and know alot about boxing too

so tell us WHO Taught You? The television? hahahahaha...........

go away azzhole you know NOTHING!

Ray

Comment

Originally posted by Jsmooth9876 View Post
            Yeah imagine SRR in this era with PED and IV bags....stop being stupid, this is not football where everyone was white and the lineman were 180 lbs 50
            years ago...

Fighters fight and they can fight in any era if they're great...
            Then he wouldn't be SRR. You can only evaluate someone on ones own competition and not forecast how they wouldve fared if the competition wasnt there .Jake Lamotta ? Everybody rates these guys because they were tough ,and liked getting punched ,.To tell me boxing is not remotely better since is almost as ridiculous as Corsos belief that Liston was in his prime in 1964!
            Last edited by juggernaut666; 04-04-2016, 02:42 PM.

Comment

TheBoxingXpert

Comment

JuggyNutz

Comment

Originally posted by BattlingNelson View Post
                  TheBoxingXpert
                  I think it says a lot that whenever it is asked which good opponents Louis and Robinson defeated, people take it as an offense and get offensive instead of answering. It must be a weak spot or something, as they would be forced to change their opinion about Deontay Wilder or other modern fighters by recognizing the fact that the old legends too fought horrible opposition. Wilder is about to fight Povetkin. Who did Joe Louis beat that was anywhere near Povetkin's level?

Comment

Originally posted by TheBoxingXpert View Post
                    I think it says a lot that whenever it is asked which good opponents Louis and Robinson defeated, people take it as an offense and get offensive instead of answering. It must be a weak spot or something, as they would be forced to change their opinion about Deontay Wilder or other modern fighters by recognizing the fact that the old legends too fought horrible opposition. Wilder is about to fight Povetkin. Who did Joe Louis beat that was anywhere near Povetkin's level?
                    Ask ray ,his answer will be Tony Gallento!

Comment

Originally posted by juggernaut666 View Post
                      Ask ray ,his answer will be Tony Gallento!
                      I think people in here realized that they need to shut up now. They bash Wilder for knocking out the same quality of opponents that their idols get praised for padding their records with. It's embarassing to look at.

Comment

Working...
                      X