Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ward gets paid more than every PBC fighter there is.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have heard a couple of writers mention that this years HBO budget cuts are mainly due to Time Warner's losses, they but back across the board. Time Warner laid off about 10 percent of their workforce.

Comment

Originally posted by Rich2123 View Post
      I have heard a couple of writers mention that this years HBO budget cuts are mainly due to Time Warner's losses, they but back across the board. Time Warner laid off about 10 percent of their workforce.
      There's rumors that TWC may sell HBO. Would be interesting to see what would happen to boxing if the sale came to fruition.

http://variety.com/2016/tv/news/time...rs-1201678197/

Comment

Originally posted by AddiX View Post
        A lot of HBO's financial gain was through ppv. Without the stars the budget is going to drop. If you give them guys they think can be the next Pacquiao or next Floyd, they'll raise there budget.
        I disagree. If the budget dropping was a recent change I might agree with you, but I believe the budget has been dropping pre-Manny & Floyd becoming superstars to during Manny's & Floyd's boom to now almost post-Manny & Floyd.

The budget has been dropping for about two decades give or take. They had ~$100M around the late 90's, they had ~$60M around the late 00's & now they got ~$25M from most accounts in 2016. This suggests HBO boxing isn't pulling its own weight or HBO is slowly but surely getting out of the boxing business to me. Or maybe both.

Comment

Good for him?

Seems like a poor use of meager resources, but that is HBO's issue not Ward's.

Comment

*****s love using the race card but forget boxing NEVER HAD a specific race, there has ALWAYS been that dominant black champ and everyone else was the "white hope". Then the fact that there has been world champions from every corner of the planet. I cant stand when *****s wanna ride haymon or floyd like its the pro black thing, them *****s are the ones juicing you coons.

Comment

Originally posted by CaneloMaidana View Post
              Kovalev did not make 3 million. I heard he made 750k.
              You mistook Pascal for Nadjib.

http://www.boxingscene.com/forums/showthread.php?t=670686

Comment

Good for ward what's the point?

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
                  I disagree. If the budget dropping was a recent change I might agree with you, but I believe the budget has been dropping pre-Manny & Floyd becoming superstars to during Manny's & Floyd's boom to now almost post-Manny & Floyd.

The budget has been dropping for about two decades give or take. They had ~$100M around the late 90's, they had ~$60M around the late 00's & now they got ~$25M from most accounts in 2016. This suggests HBO boxing isn't pulling its own weight or HBO is slowly but surely getting out of the boxing business to me. Or maybe both.
                  Hbo doesn't need to slowly but surely get out, they can do it anytime they want to.

There just isn't enough quality fighters for larger budgets anymore. And boxing doesn't do those kinds of ratings anymore anyway.

Guys like Naseem Hamed were putting up HUGE numbers back than. The stars today don't do that anymore, and there is a lot less stars.

So, really, little reason to have a large budget. It says more About the sport than hbo.

Even a replay of a Oscar De La Hoya fight would have bigger ratings than any fighters today do live.
                  Last edited by AddiX; 03-25-2016, 10:06 PM.

Comment

Working...
                  X