Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ward vs Kovalev

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ward-Kovalev is a fight that needs to happen.

Kovalev is one of the most dangerous men on the planet, been saying this for a while. He's an aggressive fighter that's actually good, not another bum knocking out other bums like Cloud or Lacy. He can cut off the ring, slip shots, punches extremely hard in both hands.

I'd pick Ward to win but it's a very dangerous fight.

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
      Ward-Kovalev is a fight that needs to happen.

Kovalev is one of the most dangerous men on the planet, been saying this for a while. He's an aggressive fighter that's actually good, not another bum knocking out other bums like Cloud or Lacy. He can cut off the ring, slip shots, punches extremely hard in both hands.

I'd pick Ward to win but it's a very dangerous fight.
      I don't know what makes you think that, he hasn't really fought anyone, I'm not sold on him.

Comment

Originally posted by RubenSonny View Post
        I don't know what makes you think that, he hasn't really fought anyone, I'm not sold on him.
        He's fought some of the top guys and done what he's supposed to do.

Campillio should have been one of the belt holders and he crushed him and same with Cleverly.

Neither are that good as the LHW division is weak but they were still two of the top guys.

From what I see it's clear he's a very dangerous fighter with ability and power.

Comment

Originally posted by Foreign Soil View Post
          Kovalev doesn't commit to every shot. He throws a lot of punches that just touch you by flicking his hands out which are hard to avoid. The fact that even those shots have some power on them is due to technique.
          He commits to most of them, he's not as patient and composed as GGG in setting up his shots, he jumps in and puts his full weight behind his combinations. He has some skills, he can switch his power from hand to hand, but most of his punches come from conventional angles and he's mostly a head hunter.

Comment

Let's assume that Ward moving up in weight won't significantly affect him negatively.

From what I've seen, Kovalev is a bit sloppy and easy to hit. Ward would win a UD, maybe with some nervous moments for him if Kovalev lands big.

Comment

Originally posted by Light_Speed View Post
              He commits to most of them, he's not as patient and composed as GGG in setting up his shots, he jumps in and puts his full weight behind his combinations. He has some skills, he can switch his power from hand to hand, but most of his punches come from conventional angles and he's mostly a head hunter.
              You see that first shot that dropped Campillo? Nothing conventional about it.

GGG taking his time might work against him in facing a Ward style. Kovalev doesn't even load up on his power punches. He throws himself off balance at times but hey, Ward leaves his chin open plenty. It would be very interesting to see Ward's reaction to getting popped by these flicking power punches.

Comment

Originally posted by Foreign Soil View Post
                You see that first shot that dropped Campillo? Nothing conventional about it.

GGG taking his time might work against him in facing a Ward style. Kovalev doesn't even load up on his power punches. He throws himself off balance at times but hey, Ward leaves his chin open plenty. It would be very interesting to see Ward's reaction to getting popped by these flicking power punches.
                Campillo got dropped by a straight right, but he got hurt the first time by a sneaky left hand, I'll give you that. GGG is patient but not inactive, he's constantly doing subtle things to cut the ring off and keep his opponent still. He's better than Kovalev at switching from offense to defense, he doesn't reach and bring his weight over his front foot and square himself up like Kovalev does. I can see Kovalev getting an off-balance knock down scored against him.

Comment

Excellent fight. Kovalev is a big man, not sure Ward could keep him off of him, unless he holds him ever so tightly.

Comment

Originally posted by Tyrone Biggums! View Post
                    wouldn't happen at 175

Ward would demand Kovale drop to 168 and fight him in oakland, and if kovalev told him to **** off, wards fans would say kovalev ducked him and award fantasy victory

Comment

Working...
                    X