Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Roach: No April Tuneup, I Want Pacquiao-Marquez 5 Next

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I would personally bet on Manny stopping JMM in a 5th fight. JMM looked on the way out and that perfect punch should really be the last image we see of him in the ring. What better way to retire than finally getting an official win over your big rival in that fashion? Even if he KO'd Manny again it wouldn't be the same so he should call it quits and end on a perfect note like not enough fighters do.

Comment

Originally posted by apokalips View Post
      I would personally bet on Manny stopping JMM in a 5th fight. JMM looked on the way out and that perfect punch should really be the last image we see of him in the ring. What better way to retire than finally getting an official win over your big rival in that fashion? Even if he KO'd Manny again it wouldn't be the same so he should call it quits and end on a perfect note like not enough fighters do.
      I fully agree

Comment

A part of me agrees while the other thinks the opposite. I think the reason Pacquiao was on his way on stopping JMM is because he was being more aggresive than he was for the third fight. This ultimately got him out of there. For a 5th fight, Pacquiao has that psychological disadvantage. He will forever remember that Marquez can knock him out and will eventully think even more in the ring, which isn't good for him. I expect a 5th fight to be like the 3rd.

Comment

Manny didnt even suffer a Concussion. He was Kod not murdered. After his exam at the ER he played four games of chess like nothing happen. Hes more upset at the mistake he made. Hes comfortable with the loss and knows in this sport things like this can happen to the best." Thats Boxing"-Manny Pacquiao
          And he was winning and dominating the fight. So please with the whinny soft bullshlt that he needs to come back soft and careful. What a joke. Ricky Hatton went off the deep end...Manny took a trip to Jerusalem...He took this KO with a grain of salt. Thats what real champs do!

Comment

i agree. JMM set up the perfect punch...nobody can take that from him. But if you fight a man 4 times you better count on the guy figuring you out. JMM has seen Pacs hand. He knows Manny! Manny now knows what JMM was up too. Better believe the next fight Manny will hold nothing back. He will be more cautious and thats where Mannys game will improve.

Comment

You don't think Pac losing in such a manner is not going to play him in a psychologicaly?! Did you forget why the fight was at 147? Manny force the fight that high to have a size advantage on Marquez so he can blitz through him since in the past Manny knows boxing him would only make him look bad like the last three times. Manny will now not only be shy to box Marquez, but will be shy trying to pressure Marquez since Manny now knows Marquez could put him to sleep at any moment. Manny will not be the same and I will bet all my points that Manny will not take this fight!!!

Comment

Originally posted by PAC-BOY View Post
                Manny didnt even suffer a Concussion. He was Kod not murdered. After his exam at the ER he played four games of chess like nothing happen. Hes more upset at the mistake he made. Hes comfortable with the loss and knows in this sport things like this can happen to the best." Thats Boxing"-Manny Pacquiao
                And he was winning and dominating the fight. So please with the whinny soft bullshlt that he needs to come back soft and careful. What a joke. Ricky Hatton went off the deep end...Manny took a trip to Jerusalem...He took this KO with a grain of salt. Thats what real champs do!
                You obviously don't understand concussions and why the commission suspended him from fighting for 90 days.

He did suffer concussion symptoms. There is also evidence that once you get KO'd you are more susceptible to get KO'd again.

Comment

That what I was thinkin' after the fight, but I've changed my mind. Pacquiao really didn't have to give Marquez a third shot (let alone fourth), and I kind of feel like Juan owes it to Pacquiao to give him a shot at redeeming himself. Marquez has challenged Pacquiao numerous times and more often than not he's got his way, it would be kind of ****ty to ignore Pacquiaos challenge and retire.

One more. Marquez can even up the series 2-2-1 or Pacquiao can get the final word.

Comment

I don't think so man pacquiao was unsuccessfull in stopping him before so how could it happen now? We could also make the same argument Marquez could never stop pacquiao but it happened Marquez made adjustments in his third and fourth fights which made it possible I don't think pacquiao is finished but he will be reluctant pull the trigger and get in exchanges especially against Marquez truth be told though the punishment Marquez was taken in that fourth fight rd.5 would've taken any other fighter right down. It Marquez is just that elite fighter.

Comment

Originally posted by PAC-BOY View Post
                      i agree. JMM set up the perfect punch...nobody can take that from him. But if you fight a man 4 times you better count on the guy figuring you out. JMM has seen Pacs hand. He knows Manny! Manny now knows what JMM was up too. Better believe the next fight Manny will hold nothing back. He will be more cautious and thats where Mannys game will improve.
                      Thats the exact reckless mentality Pac had going into the 4 fight especially with the added confidence that he had a weight advantage. Now Pac knows Marquez could put him to sleep even while being bigger then him. If Manny tries to box Marquez, Marquez schools him. If Manny tries to rush Marquez its good night Marquez owns Pac.

BTW, do you still want to bet or not. I didn't get an answer. Its cool if you don't want to
                      VVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVV
                      Originally posted by littlemac View Post
                      I don't want to bet Points. Instead the loser has to sport a sig and avatar of the winners choice for whole month. (Nothing racial or sexual in nature.) I bet on Floydie if you accept this bet.

Comment

Working...
                      X