Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Donaire vs Marquez: Who is the Fighter of the Year?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Donaire fought past prime boxers and avoided top prime fighters like Mares.

Marquez knocked out an ATG.

Comment

TR-GB doesn't apply with Donaire for some odd reason I see.....

Comment

Marquez's win is huge. It should win fight of the year and KO of the year. As far as fighter of the year I think Donaire's 4 wins in one year, all over high ranked fighters puts him slightly ahead of Marquez for fighter of the year. If Marquez wins fighter of the year I am happy for him. I am a big fan of Marquez, Pacquiao and Donaire. It would be great for Marquez to get the credit he has always deserved. Lots of groups give out these annual awards and I think some will give fighter of the year to Marquez and others will give it to Donaire. They both deserve it.

Comment

I changed my mind. I voted for Marquez in the poll, but I said I wouldn't have a problem with Donaire. Thinking it over, I have to say that it is Marquez, and I would disagree with a Donaire selection.

A fighter on Donaire's level fighting 4 times is commendable though. But he did nothing to set him apart in these fights, really. 'Fighter of the year' should be reserved for the fighter who really sets himself away from the pack, and achieves feats which are truly commendable, preferably by historical standards, or what not. The fighter who achieved this is clearly Marquez, and no other fighter even really comes close by this sort of criteria. Lining up and beating 4 fighters is great, but two top wins including a career win which in an absolutely historic fight (people will be talking about this KO for years to come) sets Marquez atop the pack, I would even say by a landslide.

Comment

Working...
          X