Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anybody else thought Katsidis was robbed?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Katsidis brought pressure but he just wasn't accurate enough to score a decision win. The scorecards were very off though and it's possible that Katsidis wouldn't have won a decision even if he had deserved it.

Comment

Originally posted by Pastrano View Post
      I'm not a big fan, just like his style. And I LOATHE the style of Burns, he's so overated, screw him. He'll get wasted soon enuff, when he steps up and faces a guy who isn't washed up, like Rios or DeMarco or Guerrero.
      The thing is hes not overrated I have never seen anyone talk the guy up to be some kind of world beater. He’s a good honest pro getting on with his career and that was a big win for him, he’s not scared to lose wants big fights and imo is a credit to boxing.

Comment

No he clearly lost. It was a bit closer than the score cards but a loss all the same.

Comment

Originally posted by -Lowkey- View Post
          The score cards where wider than they should have been but the right guy still won so how is it a robbery?

You also have to remember the state Mitchell came into the ring against Kats he was going through well documented personal problems (I believe he still is) and he had a terrible training camp.

Kats may well be on the slide but if you take the kind of punishment Kats does in everyone of his fight you will never get any longevity in the boxing game.

Burns was stepping up in weight and was the underdog he should get props for close but deserved win.
          So I guess you are one of those lame Brits who keep blowing up the few famous fighters they have? Burns is 5'10! Its not like he's some tiny-azz natural sfw like Bobby Chacon! He's supposed to move up, he was fricking huge for a sfw!

Comment

So I guess you are one of those lame Brits who keep blowing up the few famous fighters they have? Burns is 5'10! Its not like he's some tiny-azz natural sfw like Bobby Chacon! He's supposed to move up, he was fricking huge for a sfw!
            Listen up I’m English Burns is Scottish generally speaking the English and Scottish are not the best of friends.

But forget that nationalistic crap I don’t care either way and I especially don’t support fighters just because they happen to be born on the same lump of rock I was.

So what if he is 5ft10 people have different frames he can fight at any weight he is comfortable at Mike Tyson is 5ft10 maybe Burns should move up to heavyweight?

At the end of the day he moved up a weight division took on a good tough fighter who is always game and won fair and square.

Comment

Listen up I’m English Burns is Scottish generally speaking the English and Scottish are not the best of friends.

But forget that nationalistic crap I don’t care either way and I especially don’t support fighters just because they happen to be born on the same lump of rock I was.

So what if he is 5ft10 people have different frames he can fight at any weight he is comfortable at Mike Tyson is 5ft10 maybe Burns should move up to heavyweight?

At the end of the day he moved up a weight division took on a good tough fighter who is always game and won fair and square.
              Doesnt matter, when a Brit is up against a foreign guy, its all the same if he's English or Scottish, NOBODY is gonna root for a Greek Aussie, are they? Nobody sane anyway. Maybe only extremous anti-Scots. Burns also got a questionable decision against Evensen, a guy half his size. And youre talkin absolute bollocks there with that Tyson comparison.

Comment

no I was rooting for katsidis but burns won that. The cards might have been a little wide but I still had burns by a couple of rounds

Comment

Doesnt matter, when a Brit is up against a foreign guy, its all the same if he's English or Scottish, NOBODY is gonna root for a Greek Aussie, are they? Nobody sane anyway. Maybe only extremous anti-Scots. Burns also got a questionable decision against Evensen, a guy half his size. And youre talkin absolute bollocks there with that Tyson comparison.
                  Again don’t care about nationalistic crap im not patriotic i don’t even know why I’m trying to justify myself but im just going to say this for the record my mothers parents came to England as Greek immigrants.

The Tyson comparison was being sarcastic surely you should know there are things called ‘weight classes in boxing’ not ‘Height classes’ its pretty simple stuff.

Comment

Im English. I was rooting for Katsidis. I thought Burns was a lucky bum who would get knocked out. Questionable decision against Evensen? LOL....you cant score fights.

Comment

Again don’t care about nationalistic crap im not patriotic i don’t even know why I’m trying to justify myself but im just going to say this for the record my mothers parents came to England as Greek immigrants.

The Tyson comparison was being sarcastic surely you should know there are things called ‘weight classes in boxing’ not ‘Height classes’ its pretty simple stuff.
                      And I thought you knew about the weight-scam of today. Its common, guys lose a lot before the weigh in and then gain a lot by fight night. Burns was never a sfw. He's barely a lw. Not a natural one I mean. Cmon, you expecting me to believe a 178 cm guy can NATURALLY weigh below 60 kilos? He don't look anorectic to me.

Comment

Working...
                      X