Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Freddie Roach's Strong Words On Fedor And MMA

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/200...ach/index.html
    http://www.mmaweekly.com/absolutenm/...=7910&zoneid=1

"Fedor is flat-footed, has no technique, but he can punch," Roach said after the ping-ping-pings of a well-worn round timer died down and onlookers cleared out of his popularized Wild Card Boxing Club. "That always helps. He's accurate. He'll follow you right to the floor, so he's aggressive. But that aggressiveness can be used to our advantage, I think."

"If you give him momentum," "he'll kill you."

"A lot of guys lose the fight before it starts," "Fedor is like Mike Tyson. A lot of guys are scared of him. So the mental game is so important that you can't be scared. You have to be fearless against him."

“If I saw Fedor in the street, I wouldn’t be scared of him,” he says with another smile. “But I’d be wrong.”

“As far as his stand up game, we’ll kill Fedor" “If we can keep the fight standing up, if he chooses to fight us like a man, we’ll dominate him.”

“Just be smart with it,” “Use your angles when they’re necessary, but after you land a combination, because after you land a combination with Fedor, he’s going to throw back. That’s his instinct. He throws one punch after the other. He’s very predictable. He makes the same moves every time. He’s very common. His boxing game is weak.”

“From what I can see, I think Andre’s going to be sharper,” he says. “I think we’re going to knock him out.”

****Too Bad Fedor is Quietly taking this comments down and will Surprise Roach by Beating Arlovski in his Own Game, which is through Boxing, its like what he did TK and Sylvia****
    Last edited by snakerattle79; 01-07-2009, 01:41 AM.

Originally posted by snakerattle79 View Post
    ?I think MMA is boring,? he says, looking unamused. ?I saw one fight where the guy just laid on the other guy the whole fight and he won.?
    You're trying to make it sound like Roach said this
    ________
    KISSING ADVICE FORUMS
    Last edited by FreshPrince; 03-28-2011, 03:31 PM.

Comment

Freddie loves going for the Knock-out.

Comment

Andre is weak mentally, and Roach is trying to light a fire up under him. That's all this bs talk is.

Comment

Arlovski's only chance is a one punch knockout. He is facing a superior fighter.

Comment

Arlovski was always one of my picks 2 beat fedor an i thought he'd win on the feet, just a few weeks an we'll find out if he can, with all the pride guys dropping recently i wouldn't b surprised 2 see Fedor KO'd in the first 2 rounds.

Comment

Originally posted by Blair_Wells#32 View Post
              Arlovski was always one of my picks 2 beat fedor an i thought he'd win on the feet, just a few weeks an we'll find out if he can, with all the pride guys dropping recently i wouldn't b surprised 2 see Fedor KO'd in the first 2 rounds.
              Fancy a bet?

Comment

I think what Roach says is true but I don't know if Arlovski is the one to do this to him. The thing with MMA, it's more than just boxing so it doesn't matter what roach says.

Arlovski might be winning the stand up with Fedor and Fedor will jsut take him down and beat him there.

I don't know if there's any MMA fighter that really truly has great boxing skills, at least not on the chamionship level. That takes much to long to accomplish.

Comment

I'll say it again. The Pit Bull is going to shock the world.

MMA upset of the year.

Comment

I'll bet my 20k on Fedor to your 10k if anyone wants to bet.

Comment

Working...
                    X