No announcement yet.

Kenny Porter: "Golovkin is all hype, time will tell I was right"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bjl12 View Post
    This entire post...says nothing. The public is aware of 4 things.

1. Abel Sanchez talks as much or **** than Freddy Roach in his prime

2. GGG's promoter Tom Loeffler has publicly acknowledged Canelo/GBP have offered a contract to fight, but GGG turned it down. That is a stone cold F A C T

3. Abel/GGG said Ward was ducking publicly, but Ward then went public and agreed to fight GGG. GGG and Abel changed their stance necessitating a catch-weight for the fight.

4. To this day, at 35 years, GGG's best win is against a WW who moved up 13 pounds. A WW who has one solid win at WW (close fight w/ Shawn Porter). Nothing about beating a blown up Kell Brook can be any kind of measuring stick.

So again Kenny Porter talking about GGG being hype is, by strict definition, absolutely true to this point. He has avoided the two biggest fights/challenges who have demonstrated serious willingness to fight and he stays busy beating cab drivers (in no better fashion than WW/JMW Miguel Cotto).
    HAHA Kenny Porter never said GGG was hype you fool, I made that up. You just show how stupid you are lmao.

Comment

Originally posted by deathofaclown View Post
      Anyway i'm a GGG fan but i've never really heard anybody say he isn't a good fighter.
      I understand what you mean, but no, they hate him.

They even say he is just a power puncher or stuff like that. They were trusting on Canelo to beat GGG, but once Canelo vacated like a little girl, they moved to "well, I want him to face better opposition". Yeah, like, ask that opposition to fight him cuz he can't force them with guns. It took Jacobs 3 ****ing million dollars to step up and face GGG... gz.

Comment

Originally posted by _Maxi View Post
        I understand what you mean, but no, they hate him.

They even say he is just a power puncher or stuff like that. They were trusting on Canelo to beat GGG, but once Canelo vacated like a little girl, they moved to "well, I want him to face better opposition". Yeah, like, ask that opposition to fight him cuz he can't force them with guns. It took Jacobs 3 ****ing million dollars to step up and face GGG... gz.

Well, i agree with what you say but in a way a lot of people that dislike him are actually accidentally complimenting him when they completely write off the chances of good fighters like Jacobs, if that makes sense. That's what i meant about the Floyd thing. GGG can fight arguably the next best fighter in the division and he'll get no credit, in a way it's a compliment.

And i do want him to face better competition but i also understand that it hasn't been easy to get good fighters in the ring. I was just generalising in saying that i want to see good fighters like GGG in the best fights, as should any boxing fan. But fans of fighters like Canelo actually defend the fact he vacated the belt, like it's some weird moral victory if their guy doesn't take a fight, therefor doesn't lose. i can't understand that, it just means they're happy to be deprived of good events.

Comment

HAHA Kenny Porter never said GGG was hype you fool, I made that up. You just show how stupid you are lmao.
          To be fair to that guy, people aren't going to expect you to just be making up false headlines. This type of thing creates "haters", because they get annoyed at you trying to stir up shyt, so they attack back.

I respect that you're just having fun, but I think this is the wrong way to go about it because it make you look like someone who is baiting. It's one thing to rip into someone who is hating, another to go rattling cages.

Comment

Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
            To be fair to that guy, people aren't going to expect you to just be making up false headlines. This type of thing creates "haters", because they get annoyed at you trying to stir up shyt, so they attack back.

I respect that you're just having fun, but I think this is the wrong way to go about it because it make you look like someone who is baiting. It's one thing to rip into someone who is hating, another to go rattling cages.
            Man, do you respect people that does several posts on a thread without even reading the OP? There's a full transcription and a video that shows the exact opposite of what the title reads. If anything, it serves to identify the stupid haters.

Comment

Originally posted by mathed View Post
              How is losing to a good boxer a marketable thing for someone's career? I mean did the fact that the diva got shut down by Mayweather make anyone think more of her? That's like saying that Berto's loss to Mayweather is better than Crawford's win over Postol....it makes no sense at all.
              Hey man, Ive been reading your posts for too long so I was just taking a page out of your book with exaggerations.

Comment

Man, do you respect people that does several posts on a thread without even reading the OP? There's a full transcription and a video that shows the exact opposite of what the title reads. If anything, it serves to identify the stupid haters.
                I'll have to raise my hand as an idiot then because I don't always have the time to read a whole post or watch videos. I've got to hope that the title summarizes it, and I rarely expect the title to be a lie/trick. When I read the OP is Maxi, I don't expect the title to be made up.

However, FWIW, I've long since learned to be careful not to react to titles in the "Commentary Thread For" threads. I see people going off, making fools of themselves over things that aren't what they seem.

Comment

Kenny Porter is just a dude?

He has zero bias, he has no interest. In fact, his son fights for PBC, he's not even related to HBO.

He has seen Golovkin easily beat several USA team boxers since he was a kid, and is impressed since. He gives an insight of what Golovkin is. A very complete fighter.

You can't play the race card here, you can't play the HBO card here, you can't play the anti-american card here.

Just a man telling the truth, and it hurts it seems.

Comment

Originally posted by Wizardsh View Post
                    Hate to break it to you idiot Jacob was a bum since he first put on gloves.he was crap then and still is. The only idiots that wanted this fight 6months ago is the larrys and racist idiots who are trying to make ggg the next great white hope. This fight is just a waste of dam time.
                    using the word idiot says a lot about your persona.

Comment

Originally posted by larry x.. View Post
                      So he also thinks that it would take two Light Heavyweights to beat Golovkin. Great, well, I guess if you take one fighter and you say "I know who might beat him" and name two guys from two weight classes above, then it tells you something and it doesn't contradict what he says now.

So Larry, I ain't gonna buy your bullshiet, he's not saying anything different.

Besides that, that interviewed could show the link to the article he talks about, maybe? cuz I googled it and I couldn't find it.

Comment

Working...
                      X