Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: WBC's New Rule - Fighter's Father Can NOT Be Chief Second

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

that was ****ing stupid, you allow the father on the corner but not as the chief cornerman and decision-maker, lmao bs, damn, common sense is really not common in boxing

Comment

I'll say this; Kenny Porter is not gonna like this , if and when WBC is available to Shawn. not to mention Robert Guerrero and Danny Garcia family tree ain't feeling this either

Comment

Whoever the "decision maker" is ..he's only gonna repeat to the fighter what the father screams at him ...have fun enforcing this dumb ****.. and when has a father allowed their son to receive unnecessary punishment ? ..when Corrales was getting lit up by Floyd his pops saved him from further humiliation, even though Diego protested.. That's love right there.

Comment

Originally posted by _Maxi View Post
          I will make another question since you are very ******ed but I have some patience.

Is the chief-second the only person in the corner allowed to give instructions to the fighters between rounds?

The answer is no. So, while not being the "chief-second", the fathers will still be able to give instructions between rounds.

Fucking get it? Just like Kovalev had two guys giving him instructions in the Ward fight. His trainer and some russian.

DO YOU FUCKING UNDERSTAND?
          Kovalev had two people giving him instruction just like Badou Jack who I brought up and Manny when Ariza was trying to take Roach position. Only one is listed as the chief second, Jackson, Roach, & Mustafa. Which designates them as the chief decision maker. Now boxing scene has made this a thread. So now you're saying even they are wrong in their interpretation of this rule? Everybody is wrong but Maxi?

Comment

While i do understand the intent, this is mostly pointless. However way you feel, that a father would protect his son more or that the father would send him out to get the win no matter what, the fact is the father would be in an emotional fatherly state. This ruling takes feelings out of the equation.

another thing to remember is that boxing is global. who knows if there are mfers out there with the mindset of win or die. Do not shame the family. Win so the family can eat. etc etc etc.

Comment

Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
              Kovalev had two people giving him instruction just like Badou Jack who I brought up and Manny when Ariza was trying to take Roach position. Only one is listed as the chief second, Jackson, Roach, & Mustafa. Which designates them as the chief decision maker. Now boxing scene has made this a thread. So now you're saying even they are wrong in their interpretation of this rule? Everybody is wrong but Maxi?
              Websites making controversy to generate money? who would have thought!

So you are confirming that even though not being the head coach, the father can still give instructions between rounds, which is what you were saying was not possible with this rule. So you were wrong... as usual.

I repeat:

Is the chief-second the only person in the corner allowed to give instructions to the fighters between rounds?

The answer is no. So, while not being the "chief-second", the fathers will still be able to give instructions between rounds.

Shut up and take your bull**** somewhere else.

Comment

As if there ain't already enough stupid rules crippling this sport!!

Funny.. the boxing organisation goes into panic mode because the sport is losing attention and popularity to the likes of UFC, n then they allow something like this??

What's next? We goin' back to head gear??

Comment

Originally posted by _Maxi View Post
                  Websites making controversy to generate money? who would have thought!

So you are confirming that even though not being the head coach, the father can still give instructions between rounds, which is what you were saying was not possible with this rule. So you were wrong... as usual.

I repeat:

Shut up and take your bull**** somewhere else.
                  You're the only one disputing the interpretation of this rule. And out of all the people in here I interpreting this rule I'm the one you choose to reply to. You're a special kind of stupid

Comment

Originally posted by Illmatic94 View Post
                    Whoever the "decision maker" is ..he's only gonna repeat to the fighter what the father screams at him ...have fun enforcing this dumb ****.. and when has a father allowed their son to receive unnecessary punishment ? ..when Corrales was getting lit up by Floyd his pops saved him from further humiliation, even though Diego protested.. That's love right there.
                    Leavander Johnson. Died.

Gabe Rosado getting seriously pummeled by GGG.

Matter of fact, I can't remember who but there was a poster here who had looked into this..I want to say maybe around a year ago..maybe less maybe more...anyway...over half of the incidents involving deaths were with the fathers in the corner..and a majority of the most serious of injuries also happened while fathers were in the corner. Some ish like that...it's been a long time since that post so I'm probably off but I know it went a little something like that.

Comment

Originally posted by NearHypnos View Post
                      Leavander Johnson. Died.

Gabe Rosado getting seriously pummeled by GGG.

Matter of fact, I can't remember who but there was a poster here who had looked into this..I want to say maybe around a year ago..maybe less maybe more...anyway...over half of the incidents involving deaths were with the fathers in the corner..and a majority of the most serious of injuries also happened while fathers were in the corner. Some ish like that...it's been a long time since that post so I'm probably off but I know it went a little something like that.
                      Thats interesting...If true I wonder if the data came from around the globe or just local fights...because one could select the evidence and manufacture the results.

Comment

Working...
                      X