Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone Ever Battle w Addiction?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just read this, not sure if you still post here? How's it going? I used to be a heavy heroin user (banging it too, not snorting). Know what it is like to be "the family drug addict". Only advice I can give is just to ignore it, it might follow you but family always talks crap about each other anyways. I'm still a drug addict in terms of the definition of one, but no more H.

Another hint of advice is that one of the worst things to do is compare yourself to other people, like how successful etc or how interesting their life is. Like facebook and ****, just do you. **** will suck a lot, but that's just the name of the game, I guess. I'm still not feeling back to feeling 100% normal, after like 2 years of stopping with only a few relapses. So it's a process. Hope you can give us an update.
    Last edited by Rudyo; 12-17-2015, 09:42 PM.

Comment

everybody has some kind of addiction, it might not be drugs but could be shopping, sex, gambling, and lots of other things. don't feel bad about yourself for it, but just remember addictions will turn you into a cripple, like ray charles' mother tells him in the jamie foxxx movie Ray

Comment

12 step program, do it for yourself. Be a fighter in the biggest battle of all, life. Setbacks come, goo times too. Study as much about addiction as you can. Deal with any past issues that are holding you back. Forgive people for what they have done, or what you believe they have done.

Get outside, don't isolate, volunteer & help others. The holidays are always stressful, and escaping with drugs is often an easy choice.

Peace Brother!

Comment

I knew one of my friends but luckily she was able to survive through that recovery.

Comment

Originally posted by embryo View Post
            I appreciate anyone who actually read all that and has a response. I'm just very scared...afraid I'll end up like Sonny Liston. I'm in great physical shape, and I'm sure he was too at the time of his death, but that scares me...that you can be in such great shape, even a pro athlete, and still OD so easily. I don't use large amounts of what I Do compared to what I see the people at the drug dealers house doing. Some of them literally do 20 times the amount that I do in a single day, which is utterly insane. But they've been using for years, I've only been using for a few months. I'm terrified of becoming one of them.

Ok first of all....your a very young guy ok? you have your life ahead of you...Floyd mayweather has problems and will probably be broke by the time you make your move, I would bet a lot of money that when you will have as much in your pocket as Floyd in a ten years time... How you judge progress is your right, but may i suggest to you that money and prestige are overated? I have a wife that loves me, she still weights 125 pounds also, two kids, one your age and two four legged sons lol, and what I jusge progress on? I know that I would give my last once of strength to support my family and my wife is there for me thick and thin...YOU think floyd has that? or most guys...who would rather chase younger woman...and guess what? those women do not have their back.

Heres a way to show strength and manhood....deal with your situation. You are halfway there because you have the courage to ask for help. yeah its a bear ya know? but your also a young strong guy, fight this...think about it as a fight and fight it like a man. in other words, find a way to win and you have achieved something. Strenngth of character means a lot...

There is nothing horrendous about your situation ok? Your not abhorrant, it happens. Drug norms differ somewhat in different places, but as a Northern Kali resident for a loong time, lets just say that drugs were a part of that culture and I can remember coming down pretty hard off some of the stuff we did lol. Its part of life in many places.

Your best bet is to get some help where you are.

Comment

I know this is an old post but man its so cool seeing strangers giving advice and seeming to be very caring. From the people sharing their stories to the ones just offering encouragement. Its so neat. I've had my own personal struggles and would have loved to have the support that i see here. Glad I found this place. Keep on keeping on.

Comment

It's been a while since the original post, but I thought I would chime in.

As a teen, I became addicted to hard drugs. I dug a deep and dark hole for myself. Successful adults told me or insinuated that my life was ruined--which was devastating, as my lack of experience in this world, at the time, could not offer me a counter belief to what they were saying. All I could do is to realize the grave situation that I had put myself in, not give up, and believe that things will get better.

More than a decade has passed and I am happy to say that I am myself a successful adult. The progress was slow, very very slow, but little by little light started to shed on my life which gave me hope to keep pushing forward. Every little breakthrough was a pinch of sand placed on the ground that, with time, accumulated and formed a mound which helped me climb out of that hole.

I'm not a religious person, but having faith in the impossible goes a very long way. Never give-up. Keep placing one foot in front of the other and push forward. When life lands a good one on the chin, get your feet under you and give some back. Stay in the fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Fistic View Post
                  It's been a while since the original post, but I thought I would chime in.

As a teen, I became addicted to hard drugs. I dug a deep and dark hole for myself. Successful adults told me or insinuated that my life was ruined--which was devastating, as my lack of experience in this world, at the time, could not offer me a counter belief to what they were saying. All I could do is to realize the grave situation that I had put myself in, not give up, and believe that things will get better.

More than a decade has passed and I am happy to say that I am myself a successful adult. The progress was slow, very very slow, but little by little light started to shed on my life which gave me hope to keep pushing forward. Every little breakthrough was a pinch of sand placed on the ground that, with time, accumulated and formed a mound which helped me climb out of that hole.

I'm not a religious person, but having faith in the impossible goes a very long way. Never give-up. Keep placing one foot in front of the other and push forward. When life lands a good one on the chin, get your feet under you and give some back. Stay in the fight.

This is probably the best post I have read on here. Can't green you again

Comment

Originally posted by Beercules View Post
                    This is probably the best post I have read on here. Can't green you again
                    You honor me, brother. Thank you. Much appreciated...

Comment

Not me but a family member. It was drug related and I can say, this really broke our family apart.

Comment

Working...
                      X