Collapse
No announcement yet.

a silent psychopath. GGG interview

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Russian is indeed a very difficult language to learn, much more so than even Japanese which is saying a lot because any language with honorifics can cause major fvk ups! The author of this translation is a bright guy...hes trying to capture the idiomatic feel of GG's words and Russian is a cynical, colorful language that English cannot hope to convey in a literal translation.

To understand GG's attitude, which I would not characterize as socio or psychopathic...look at pictures of where he grew up...Most members here are near beautiful cities, San Francisco, Philadelphia, London, Syndney, etc. heck from GG's perspective East Baltimore would be a beautiful place! These Soviet cities are ugly, with nothng but **** weather and concrete housing, bleak bleak bleak...people naturally are cynical and tough minded. This is the culture of Doskeovsky Existentialism and Stalin cruelty, low birth rates, alcohol and drug rates through the roof. GG is a product of his environment as we all are.

The Ward proposal is best dealt with the way GG dealt with it, its just not something worth discussing. Ward had to decide if he was going to light heavy, and there would have been a small window of opportunity to have this fight...Ward may well have put out an unworkable proposal, but who cares? In the end it really means Ward will cross paths with the other Russian powerhouse, Kovalev. Maybe GG in his infinite wisdom understands this point better than the people who want to say he, or Ward is ducking, thats my take. GG does not have the names on his resume to demand anything from Ward...and GG is not necessarily worth staying at middleweight for without these names.

People don't like to hear that...but try beating Dawson and then hearing how this victory was all about how Dawson was not really that good, a mere weight drained zombie of himself because ward forced him to fight at a catchweight...so what if Ward stayed down for a sub decent payday and outpointed Golovkin? I guarantee people would be talking about how Ward should have been tuning up and getting ready for a division where the real fighters are waiting (light heavy). How do I know this? because people are blaming Ward for trying to make a fight happen when there was a small window of opportunity where golovkin would have had to alter his plans.

Comment

Originally posted by billeau2 View Post
      Russian is indeed a very difficult language to learn, much more so than even Japanese which is saying a lot because any language with honorifics can cause major fvk ups! The author of this translation is a bright guy...hes trying to capture the idiomatic feel of GG's words and Russian is a cynical, colorful language that English cannot hope to convey in a literal translation.

To understand GG's attitude, which I would not characterize as socio or psychopathic...look at pictures of where he grew up...Most members here are near beautiful cities, San Francisco, Philadelphia, London, Syndney, etc. heck from GG's perspective East Baltimore would be a beautiful place! These Soviet cities are ugly, with nothng but **** weather and concrete housing, bleak bleak bleak...people naturally are cynical and tough minded. This is the culture of Doskeovsky Existentialism and Stalin cruelty, low birth rates, alcohol and drug rates through the roof. GG is a product of his environment as we all are.

The Ward proposal is best dealt with the way GG dealt with it, its just not something worth discussing. Ward had to decide if he was going to light heavy, and there would have been a small window of opportunity to have this fight...Ward may well have put out an unworkable proposal, but who cares? In the end it really means Ward will cross paths with the other Russian powerhouse, Kovalev. Maybe GG in his infinite wisdom understands this point better than the people who want to say he, or Ward is ducking, thats my take. GG does not have the names on his resume to demand anything from Ward...and GG is not necessarily worth staying at middleweight for without these names.

People don't like to hear that...but try beating Dawson and then hearing how this victory was all about how Dawson was not really that good, a mere weight drained zombie of himself because ward forced him to fight at a catchweight...so what if Ward stayed down for a sub decent payday and outpointed Golovkin? I guarantee people would be talking about how Ward should have been tuning up and getting ready for a division where the real fighters are waiting (light heavy). How do I know this? because people are blaming Ward for trying to make a fight happen when there was a small window of opportunity where golovkin would have had to alter his plans.
      Golovkin knows basic English he can make a point across. Golovkin is actually intellectual, further than Pac. When asked in 2013-2014 GGG should only respect for Ward and called him a great champion, and literally said Ward was too much for him. I don't care what language is being said. If a man knows basic English he can make his points across.

Its just thay these fanatic fans have clue that Loeffler and Sanchez did this GGG for saying ridiculous things like 154-168 was easy along with GGG saying it.

Look how transparent, non making things complicated are when asking Thruman or Porter questions. Look at many boxers. If they're honest they'll give u political reasons or real reasons a fight isn't happening even with broken English. Look at Pac, so twistrd in Arum scripts he made his legacy saying idiotic things.

GG never wanted a piece of Ward.

Comment

Originally posted by SugarKaineHook View Post
        Golovkin knows basic English he can make a point across. Golovkin is actually intellectual, further than Pac. When asked in 2013-2014 GGG should only respect for Ward and called him a great champion, and literally said Ward was too much for him. I don't care what language is being said. If a man knows basic English he can make his points across.

Its just thay these fanatic fans have clue that Loeffler and Sanchez did this GGG for saying ridiculous things like 154-168 was easy along with GGG saying it.

Look how transparent, non making things complicated are when asking Thruman or Porter questions. Look at many boxers. If they're honest they'll give u political reasons or real reasons a fight isn't happening even with broken English. Look at Pac, so twistrd in Arum scripts he made his legacy saying idiotic things.

GG needs to learn English. He sounds like he's mentally challenged whenever he's interviewed after a fight. That's why I never watch his fights. Sorry, but if I can't understand you, then I won't be watching you.

Comment

Perhaps the author should look up the word 'psychopath'? Nothing about this interview even comes close to suggesting as much.

Comment

Originally posted by fanofslug View Post
            GG needs to learn English. He sounds like he's mentally challenged whenever he's interviewed after a fight. That's why I never watch his fights. Sorry, but if I can't understand you, then I won't be watching you.
            Sounds like you should watch political debates s,rather than boxing matches.

Comment

Originally posted by SugarKaineHook View Post

Its not so much about making basic statements as getting a handle on the personality of Golovkin. For example, if we take Deontay Wilder what he actually says is what most fighters would say when given interview questions. yet... we know that Wilder is a man who comes from the South, is gregarious, has a big heart, etc. We have a real sense of his personality which makes him more approachable and human. What the author did in this piece was convey things like irony, sarcasm, arrogance, etc.

Regarding Ward, without getting into reasons which can be debated from both sides, it seems like Golovkin's initial instinct to steer clear of that debate was a good one.

Comment

You serious? I would understand this if during the fight Golovkin had to give blow by blow as he fought or had to communicate in some way. It's a ****ing fight, who gives a **** if he speaks English or not.

Comment

What the hell type of boxing fan is that? Just pathetic.

Comment

Originally posted by Scott9945 View Post
                    What the hell type of boxing fan is that? Just pathetic.
                    he was being sarcastic.

However, I will say that GGG is definitely learning English better than 2013. The same with Morales and more impressively, Marquez. Marquez' English has truly sky rocketed throughout years on HBO. Just listen to his interviews today and from the past.

With Pac, however, ''duh...''

Comment

Does this carry to other sports? If the Yankees (or any other team) have a pitcher who can't speak english (and uses an interpreter) do you chose not to watch that team? Or follow that sport?

"bas ah ball has a been feddie feddie goode to me"

Comment

Working...
                      X