Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does a fighter deserve points for ineffective aggression?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I tend to give credit for aggression, I was expecting Porter to get the decision before they read the scorecard. I think brook is the better fighter just Porter is the kind of fighter who game is taking away your skills. Kell risked a lot with that fight plan, could have cost him. Porter head butts way too much, i seen him a few times when his head was on kell chest, move his head to the other side trying inflict more damage with it which should have been warned.

Comment

I don't think a fighter deserves anything for being "ineffective". But also "control" is an X factor. I had brook over porter because porter never controlled the pace of the fight. I had Maidana over Mayweather (by a hair) because Mayweather wasn't always in control of the fight. So, the aggression has to lead the dance so to speak. If the aggressive fighter controls the pace and flow and action of the fight he wins. But if the aggressive fighter continually gets the same results he loses.

Pacquiao vs Marquez 3 is a good example. Pacquiao came forward, pressed the action, but he continually got tagged and never changed the narrative of the fight (until marquez tried to coast in rd 12). So it's a bit about narrative

Comment

Originally posted by Since 1985 View Post
        A fighter swinging and missing or hitting elbows and arms doesn't deserve any points imo. I just don't get it. How can people give a fighter credit for just throwing punches? I could understand if we're talking about Clottey just standing there and being a punching bag. I thought clean effective punches are what wins fights.
        No. Effective aggression is the criteria.

Comment

Clean effective punches are the queens and everything else are the Knights. Brook landed the cleaner more effective (see:not pitty pat) punches the majority of the rounds so he deserved to win.

Comment

Had brook not landed anything of consequence, I would have given more rounds to porter, but, he consistently caught porter coming in while porter landed nothing. I do score rounds for a guy bullying the other around the ring if its the only thing happening, I.e. canelo vs Lara.

Comment

Working...
            X