• Time
  • Show
Clear All

When did GGG avoid Saunders?

I missed it.

Comment

I don't dislike many fighters but I can't stand this guy

Comment

This is a weird situation. There was a time when saunders ducked ggg, but right now I don't think ggg wants saunders. Saunders is too tricky and slick for ggg to handle now since ggg is a lot older, has poor reflexes even in his prime, his punch resistance is worse and he is a shot fighter.

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
          When did GGG avoid Saunders?

I missed it.

When GGG turned down a HBO fight against saunders in Kazakhstan june 2017 for undisputed.
          Last edited by Hustle; 12-04-2020, 01:15 AM.

Comment

It was embarrassing watching the video where Saunders openly admitted that Golovkin would wreck him if they ever fought. What kind of pro fighter openly admits he would get crushed by his competition? Seems like he's had a change of tune now that Golovkin is getting old.

Having said all of the above, it does sound like Saunders is complementing Golovkin in the article at the top of this thread.

Comment

Another pathetic liar, just like his friend Tyson Fury!

Comment

Originally posted by Lance98 View Post
                This is a weird situation. There was a time when saunders ducked ggg, but right now I don't think ggg wants saunders. Saunders is too tricky and slick for ggg to handle now since ggg is a lot older, has poor reflexes even in his prime, his punch resistance is worse and he is a shot fighter.
                GGG used to walk through punches, sometimes with his hands down, as an intimidation tactic. I think that style of fighting is largely to blame for his rapid decline.

Comment

Originally posted by Lance98 View Post
                  well put. ggg's plan is clearly to not face any top level fighter other than Canelo. He had to be dragged into the Derev fight.

Comment

GBP people were threatening Golovkin to never face Canelo if he's to unify with Saunders, Golovkin was chasing Canelo for so long that he had to abandon that fight in Kazakhstan

Comment

Saunders has a lot of talent but I don't think he's earned the right to a big fight against a huge name, at least in a moral sense. He has a tendency to sleepwalk through the sporadic building-type fights that he's had, meaning that he tends to put on mediocre displays against lower levels of opposition, resulting in fights where he fails to impress against guys he's meant to beat, whereas a fighter who was committed and took his career seriously would make an extra effort to look impressive for the crowd and the cameras. It makes it look like he's trying to take the fans for a ride. He has the capability to win big fights, he was excellent against Eubank Jr. and Lemieux for instance, but I'm not losing sleep over him not getting them, given that he's been busted for PEDs, and how he'd easily be top 3 pound for pound in boxing if being an obnoxious knobhead was part of the criteria for it. Eventually, I think he'll underestimate a lesser opponent too much and he'll end up with an embarrassing defeat that'll essentially torpedo his career for good. It'd be nice if that was Martin Murray on Saturday (but I doubt it)

Comment

Working...
                      X