Forum Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Non Boxing Talk > Mixed Martial Arts Discussion

Old 12-03-2020, 01:34 AM #1

Quoted: 4500 Post(s)
OctoberRed has a reputation beyond reputeOctoberRed has a reputation beyond reputeOctoberRed has a reputation beyond reputeOctoberRed has a reputation beyond reputeOctoberRed has a reputation beyond reputeOctoberRed has a reputation beyond reputeOctoberRed has a reputation beyond reputeOctoberRed has a reputation beyond reputeOctoberRed has a reputation beyond reputeOctoberRed has a reputation beyond reputeOctoberRed has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 2,102.53
Total Points: 129,114.46
Long Overdue. For your contribution to NSB. - 1hourRun I concur - jazluvr 
Default Khabib has no interest in returning for McGregor or Poirier: 選 choked both'

Khabib Nurmagomedov might be motivated to fight again but potential rematches against either Conor McGregor or Dustin Poirier will not entice him to return.

On Wednesday, the UFC lightweight champion held a press conference in Russia to announce the launch of his own fight promotion Eagle Fighting Championships and he was also asked about possibly returning for another fight.

Nurmagomedov announced his retirement just after submitting Justin Gaethje at UFC 254 but in the weeks since that event ended, UFC president Dana White has said he believes the undefeated champion will return for at least one more fight. White plans to meet with Nurmagomedov in Abu Dhabi in the near future to discuss possible plans for his return.

While it seems possible that he will fight again, Nurmagomedov was quick to shut down a rematch against McGregor or Poirier after he defeated both within the past two years.

擢irst, he will probably offer money, Nurmagomedov said at the press conference (courtesy of Russian reporter Igor Lazorin) 展hat for? I choked both [Conor McGregor and Dustin Poirier]. Why should I do this?

When pressed about the UFC痴 interest in the McGregor rematch after their first fight became the highest selling pay-per-view in company history, Nurmagomedov was quick to point out that money has never really been his motivation.

添es, only money. There is no sports interest there, Nurmagomedov said. 的 choked both of them, both were champions, both surrendered to me. As our proverb says: a horse doesn稚 run until the donkey wins. Donkeys don`t even take part in competitions where horses run. I have no interest in fighting against these opponents.

的magine UFC offered you $100 million. This is already a problem. But there is no sports interest there.

While Nurmagomedov obviously isn稚 interested in McGregor or Poirier, he hasn稚 completely shut the door on a comeback, but it appears the UFC will have to entice him with something more than money to get the lightweight champion on board for another fight.
OctoberRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2020, 05:54 AM #2
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 2975 Post(s)
Anthony342 has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony342 has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony342 has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony342 has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony342 has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony342 has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony342 has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony342 has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony342 has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony342 has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony342 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 21,794.18
Total Points: 97,411.46
Good Poster with an open mind. - Barnburner Merry Christmas Anthony! keep on postin - The Surgeon For always keeping your cool and objectivity - BKM-2010 Cheers!!!!! - Outworn No Message - Marchegiano 

Wonder if he'd still be open to a Ferguson fight then.
Anthony342 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2020, 08:40 AM #3
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 3055 Post(s)
BillyBoxing has a reputation beyond reputeBillyBoxing has a reputation beyond reputeBillyBoxing has a reputation beyond reputeBillyBoxing has a reputation beyond reputeBillyBoxing has a reputation beyond reputeBillyBoxing has a reputation beyond reputeBillyBoxing has a reputation beyond reputeBillyBoxing has a reputation beyond reputeBillyBoxing has a reputation beyond reputeBillyBoxing has a reputation beyond reputeBillyBoxing has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,837.64
Total Points: 49,923.48
Good post, man. - anthonydavid11 First Rate Poster - ironmt Good poster, even when you disagree with him. - 1bad65 

He chocked Mc Greg coming of a 2 YEARS lay off.

If McGreg can come back at his best, then there is a fight.

You gotta admit McGregor has balls jumping in against Floyd with no boxing experience then Khabib after such a long lay off.

If McGregor can pack a couple of fights against elite dudes and be impressive while Khabib is inactive (flipping situations) I would not bet against the irish dude for a rematch. Context...

Poirier has no shot to beat Khabib IMO.
BillyBoxing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2020, 10:25 PM #4
The ugly American

Quoted: 11473 Post(s)
1bad65 has a reputation beyond repute1bad65 has a reputation beyond repute1bad65 has a reputation beyond repute1bad65 has a reputation beyond repute1bad65 has a reputation beyond repute1bad65 has a reputation beyond repute1bad65 has a reputation beyond repute1bad65 has a reputation beyond repute1bad65 has a reputation beyond repute1bad65 has a reputation beyond repute1bad65 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 3,639.23
Total Points: 227,329.39
Cheers! - JimRaynor :beerchug: - -jose- Good ol Algore.  Haha.  Good post. - anthonydavid11 Drink is on me, keep doing your thing - JimRaynor Keep hammering - ΣNΣMY 
No Message - JimRaynor Very wise and informed - GhostofDempsey Cheers - anthonydavid11 The Amerikanskiys are on to us, comrade lol - A-Wolf Only insults. There's nothing positive about liberalism. Haha. - Tony Trick-Pony 
Keep up the good fight against Libtards! - Vlad_ Keep up the great posts, sir!! - Tony Trick-Pony Biggest scam ever - Tony Trick-Pony Bernie's garbage... - Tony Trick-Pony Free Speech Not Popular with Dems. Great post - Tony Trick-Pony 
Excellent posting... - Tony Trick-Pony To help with all the liberal tears. - JTfloyd They never change, man. Haha - Tony Trick-Pony Keep on with the good posting. - Vlad_ To celebrate Bidens win........ - Robbie Barrett 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillyBoxing View Post
He chocked Mc Greg coming of a 2 YEARS lay off.

If McGreg can come back at his best, then there is a fight.
And Connor at his best got choked out by last-minute replacement Nate Diaz.

Khabib beat McGregor, and in the same exact manner he did the other 28. Hell, Khabib even landed the best standing strike of the fight.
1bad65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2020, 02:40 AM #5
Undisputed Champion

BillyBoxing has a reputation beyond reputeBillyBoxing has a reputation beyond reputeBillyBoxing has a reputation beyond reputeBillyBoxing has a reputation beyond reputeBillyBoxing has a reputation beyond reputeBillyBoxing has a reputation beyond reputeBillyBoxing has a reputation beyond reputeBillyBoxing has a reputation beyond reputeBillyBoxing has a reputation beyond reputeBillyBoxing has a reputation beyond reputeBillyBoxing has a reputation beyond repute
Good post, man. - anthonydavid11 First Rate Poster - ironmt Good poster, even when you disagree with him. - 1bad65 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1bad65 View Post
And Connor at his best got choked out by last-minute replacement Nate Diaz.

Khabib beat McGregor, and in the same exact manner he did the other 28. Hell, Khabib even landed the best standing strike of the fight.
At his best but not in his best division, I thought it was a WW fight?

Also, what Connor did in the rematch? He beat Diaz to pulp.

Yes, I think at his best Connor can beat Khabib.
Connor had not been in a cage for 2 years, since the Alvarez fight, that's huge. Connor thought too much of himself and hsould have taken a tune up (if not 2) because Khabib is not something to take lightly.

This first fight was quite competitive until the choking.
Old 12-04-2020, 03:04 AM #6
Ignore List Champion

Quoted: 23871 Post(s)
Eff Pandas has a reputation beyond reputeEff Pandas has a reputation beyond reputeEff Pandas has a reputation beyond reputeEff Pandas has a reputation beyond reputeEff Pandas has a reputation beyond reputeEff Pandas has a reputation beyond reputeEff Pandas has a reputation beyond reputeEff Pandas has a reputation beyond reputeEff Pandas has a reputation beyond reputeEff Pandas has a reputation beyond reputeEff Pandas has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,500,940.39
Total Points: 1,575,988.96
No Message - Santa_ Burger Exchange - cheeseburger good poster - jas One of the best posters on the forum! - JK1700 You Dont Have Enough Gifts - JimRaynor 
Always keep it real - Nomadic great contest! - TBear One kf - jas One of bscenes best - jas sensible, reasonable poster. 5 star - jazluvr 
One Champion. One Face. One Name. - Deontay Wilder you are one cool dude - Dean_Razorback for giving back to the NSB community - SN!PER 

"A horse doesn't run until the donkey wins". I love proverbs from other cultures.

That said fair play to Khabib. He should just do his thing outside of the cage & be a retired legend. He's probably made more money then he'll ever need since he's not one of these guys trying to be everywhere, be around important mfers & driving a purple & pink lambo with a disco ball in it. Just enjoy living.

Last edited by Eff Pandas; 12-04-2020 at 03:06 AM.
Eff Pandas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2020, 08:42 AM #7
The ugly American

Quoted: 11473 Post(s)
1bad65 has a reputation beyond repute1bad65 has a reputation beyond repute1bad65 has a reputation beyond repute1bad65 has a reputation beyond repute1bad65 has a reputation beyond repute1bad65 has a reputation beyond repute1bad65 has a reputation beyond repute1bad65 has a reputation beyond repute1bad65 has a reputation beyond repute1bad65 has a reputation beyond repute1bad65 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 3,639.23
Total Points: 227,329.39
Cheers! - JimRaynor :beerchug: - -jose- Good ol Algore.  Haha.  Good post. - anthonydavid11 Drink is on me, keep doing your thing - JimRaynor Keep hammering - ΣNΣMY 
No Message - JimRaynor Very wise and informed - GhostofDempsey Cheers - anthonydavid11 The Amerikanskiys are on to us, comrade lol - A-Wolf Only insults. There's nothing positive about liberalism. Haha. - Tony Trick-Pony 
Keep up the good fight against Libtards! - Vlad_ Keep up the great posts, sir!! - Tony Trick-Pony Biggest scam ever - Tony Trick-Pony Bernie's garbage... - Tony Trick-Pony Free Speech Not Popular with Dems. Great post - Tony Trick-Pony 
Excellent posting... - Tony Trick-Pony To help with all the liberal tears. - JTfloyd They never change, man. Haha - Tony Trick-Pony Keep on with the good posting. - Vlad_ To celebrate Bidens win........ - Robbie Barrett 

Quote:
At his best but not in his best division, I thought it was a WW fight?

Also, what Connor did in the rematch? He beat Diaz to pulp.

Yes, I think at his best Connor can beat Khabib.
The fact is Connor lost, and when he was on top. And he lost to a last minute replacement.

So your excuse he was rusty for the Khabib fight holds no water.

And yes, you think Connor could beat Khabib. But the fact is Khabib did beat Connor.

Finished him, to be specific.

Quote:
This first fight was quite competitive until the choking.
Do what?!?!

The majority of the fight was on the mat where Khabib was doing all the work.

The fight ended in Round 4, and Khabib had dominated 3 of those 4 rounds, and as I said, Khabib landed the best standing strike of the fight.

It's bad enough seeing a fighter making weak sauce excuses for a loss, but seeing fans making the excuses is even worse.

Connor lost, and looked just like the other 28 in the process.
1bad65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2020, 12:12 PM #8
GUCCI

Quoted: 945 Post(s)
$Bullsfam$ has a reputation beyond repute$Bullsfam$ has a reputation beyond repute$Bullsfam$ has a reputation beyond repute$Bullsfam$ has a reputation beyond repute$Bullsfam$ has a reputation beyond repute$Bullsfam$ has a reputation beyond repute$Bullsfam$ has a reputation beyond repute$Bullsfam$ has a reputation beyond repute$Bullsfam$ has a reputation beyond repute$Bullsfam$ has a reputation beyond repute$Bullsfam$ has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,512.81
Total Points: 46,634.14
No Message - Tha_Greatest No Message - Tha_Greatest No Message - Tha_Greatest No Message - Tha_Greatest No Message - Tha_Greatest 
No Message - Tha_Greatest No Message - Tha_Greatest No Message - Tha_Greatest No Message - Tha_Greatest No Message - Tha_Greatest 
No Message - Tha_Greatest No Message - Tha_Greatest Happy Birthday :) - Bossy wut up nate!! - Mike D Happy thanksgiving. - HughJass 
Hepatitis C - Spray_resistant Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - -jose- Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - -jose- AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - !a! Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - !a! 
Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - !a! 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthony342 View Post
Wonder if he'd still be open to a Ferguson fight then.
Thats literally the only fight left. ive never cared all that much for khabib but that is the one fight i needed to see. I think Tony would be very game and isnt scared of anybody because hes so wild everywhere the fight goes even off his back. Connor and justin were so scared to get taken down they got beat up on the feet by a medicore striker lol
$Bullsfam$ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2020, 05:33 AM #9
Undisputed Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1bad65 View Post
The fact is Connor lost, and when he was on top. And he lost to a last minute replacement.

So your excuse he was rusty for the Khabib fight holds no water.

And yes, you think Connor could beat Khabib. But the fact is Khabib did beat Connor.

Finished him, to be specific.

Do what?!?!

The majority of the fight was on the mat where Khabib was doing all the work.

The fight ended in Round 4, and Khabib had dominated 3 of those 4 rounds, and as I said, Khabib landed the best standing strike of the fight.

It's bad enough seeing a fighter making weak sauce excuses for a loss, but seeing fans making the excuses is even worse.

Connor lost, and looked just like the other 28 in the process.
I'm not making excuses. He lost, that's a loss, period

But those are facts.
He had a 2 years MMA lay off when he fought Khabib, maybe it didn't affect him, maybe it did.
We both don't know.

Who knows?

But a long lay off never help a fighter.

I'm not a Connor fan, I respect the sport so I respect a 2 divisions champ of the sport, I respect Connor because he has balls and I think he deserves more respect.
Just like I respect Khabib.

Most people thought Stipe would not do better in a Cormier rematch.

I would be interested in a Khabib vs Connor rematch and would like both at their best, maybe Connor would lose in the first round, maybe he would win I don't care.

As a fan, it's still a great match up, by the way, the first fight was a great fight, overlooked because of all the drama, negavity and fanboyism around that fight.

Last edited by BillyBoxing; 12-05-2020 at 05:36 AM.
Old 12-11-2020, 09:51 PM #10
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 4063 Post(s)
QueensburyRules has a reputation beyond reputeQueensburyRules has a reputation beyond reputeQueensburyRules has a reputation beyond reputeQueensburyRules has a reputation beyond reputeQueensburyRules has a reputation beyond reputeQueensburyRules has a reputation beyond reputeQueensburyRules has a reputation beyond reputeQueensburyRules has a reputation beyond reputeQueensburyRules has a reputation beyond reputeQueensburyRules has a reputation beyond reputeQueensburyRules has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 2,123.61
Total Points: 181,382.59
Autism - Marchegiano 

- -Made TBE TUE duck him!
QueensburyRules is offline   Reply With Quote

Share This With Friends